We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vacacionar travel agency in Cuba

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
349 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
vacacionar travel agency in Cuba

I meant to post this a few months ago, as I travelled to Havana and Varadero in January of this year and booked my transfers and hotels through vacacionartravel.com - a Cuban based travel agency. We didn't need airfare as I was flying on Air Canada with Aeroplan points.

I was concerned about using this site as I couldn't find many reviews and they require credit card information up front and you just print out vouchers from your computer to use for the transfers and hotel accommodation when you get there.

I just want to report that I had a wonderful experience with this company. They charged my credit card what they said they would charge (in Euro's through a Paris location) and we had no problems with any of the three hotel reservations and 2 transfer bookings that we made.

In fact.... we had made a reservation at the Tryp Peninsula in Varadero and when we arrived found out that the hotel was oversold. I was not impressed, but it turned out so well. They moved us to the property next door (Paridisus Princessa Del Mar) and it was MUCH NICER than the accommodation we had booked and paid for.

A very positive experience... if anyone has questions, feel free to contact me.

Old Havana
Historic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
El Malecon
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Historic Walking Areas
London, United...
Level Contributor
644 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vacacionar travel agency in Cuba

thank you very much for this post i just had a look on their website and found out about hiring a motorhome wich was something my husband always really wanted to to so we wil be booking that for december.

Level Contributor
343 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vacacionar travel agency in Cuba

I have to agree with the above posting... Vaccionar is a excellant company... just for a note.... dtcuba.com is also the same company!... very fast response and excellant customer service!..

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: vacacionar travel agency in Cuba

I highly recommend Vacacionartravel, especially if renting a car. They actually reply to emails.

Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vacacionar travel agency in Cuba

Yes ... I've used them before as welll ... usually for single night accomidations and various locations ... as you mentioned ... the prices were given in Euros so my conversion skills were put to the test ...LOL

Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: vacacionar travel agency in Cuba

Well, just to balance the views, not to complain. I had a problem with the company - lack of, incomplete, or deceptive information upfront, the quoting of USD but charging in Euros, and eventually I had to get the credit card company involved because of the problems and delays in refunding even only a part of my money. I recognize no one is perfect and miscommunications occur, but this is a travel experience site and that was my (unpleasant) experience.

Level Contributor
26 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vacacionar travel agency in Cuba

I'm glad to read that they are a good company, I will have to confirm about the charging in EUROs since that will up the price a fair bit!

Has anyone used them recently?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
404 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: vacacionar travel agency in Cuba

I have used them at least twice a year for the last 3 years ..

Sometimes I have had trouble getting the hotel I want but since it is usually at the last minute .. That isn't their fault ..

Once I had booked my self into a very bad hotel, after 2 days I wanted out to anywhere .. They not only got me a room in a good Hotel that day but had the unused portion of my previous hotel refund 2 days later..

I am quoted in US and after paying on the credit card and taking the conversions into account the quoted price is always what they charge me..

This is a good Travel Agency to use...

8. Re: vacacionar travel agency in Cuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:35 am, February 24, 2010
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question