We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American to Cuba (12 reasons) visa?

Lausanne...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
American to Cuba (12 reasons) visa?

Ok, so how exactly does this work? I know I can purchase a visa at the airport gate, but where or what form do I need to declare I am traveling under one of the "12 reasons"? Do I do this at the airport or is it like getting a visa to other countries and you have to go through a travel agency, etc.? Please help clarify this! Many thanks in advance!

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
105,312 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American to Cuba (12 reasons) visa?

It's nothing to do with the visa. You will have to declare which of the 12 OFAC reasons for travel to Cuba when you book your ticket.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
6,473 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American to Cuba (12 reasons) visa?

Are you actually flying from the USA to Cuba? If not, you likely won't need to declare one of the 12 reasons.

If you are an American travelling from another country to Cuba, then all you need to do is make sure you get a tourist card.

3. Re: American to Cuba (12 reasons) visa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 15, 2018