We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

luggage recommendation?

Oregon
Level Contributor
404 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
luggage recommendation?

I'm needing new light-weight luggage, for both general travel and dive gear, and thought that this Bonaire forum would be a good place to find out what other people use.

My husband and I used to put our dive gear in a rolling dive duffel bag, but found it was too inconvenient to roll with a regular suitcase. And we were concerned that it screamed out "dive gear - steal me!" in dubious airports across the globe.

So we switched to putting dive gear in a regular suitcase, and thought that worked well (with a very collapsible regular nylon duffel bag to take dive gear on day dive boats).

We will be flying inter-island on Insel, which does allow extra weight (10 kg) for dive gear, but it has to be in a separate bag (no specified dimensions).

I'd appreciate hearing about experiences and recommendations about luggage and what's lightweight and functional. We try to avoid checking bags whenever possible, but we have to for a 3 week dive vacation, or spend $$, far more than we'd want to, for rental gear.

1. Re: luggage recommendation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 01, 2014