We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Units????

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Beach Units????

Hello.........

We ae considering a trip to Bonaire this winter....specifically looking for condos or resorts with kitchens that are located on the beach. We're beach lovers all the way!....and love to swim constantly. While we know that diving is a big thing there, it's not necessarily a requirement for us...we prefer long stretches of beach to walk and enjoy and swim. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.........

Mentioned in this post
Bonaire
Bonaire
Caribbean
Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Units????

I regret if you want long stretches of white sand you must go to Antigua or Anguilla. Bonaire has no white sandy LONG stretches of sand.

Ann Phelan

Mentioned in this post
Antigua
Antigua
Antigua and Barbuda
Anguilla
Anguilla
Caribbean
Bonaire
Bonaire
Caribbean
Groton...
Level Contributor
1 post
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Units????

The beaches are beautiful on Provo of the Turks and Caicos Islands. It's a quiet place though with not much to do, but if you're looking to relax on the beach and snorkel, it's great! My husband and I stayed at Ocean Club for our Honeymoon and you can get a unit with a kitchen.

Mentioned in this post
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Units????

Hi although Bonaire doesn't have long stretches of beach The Harbor VIllage Beach resort has a great beach and suites that are on the beach that have kitchens. HVB beach has great swimming and snorkeling but not good for long walks. There are always plenty of lounges available and shade under the many palm trees. I've been all over the Caribbean and I too am a beach person I just love Harbor Village and Bonaire-the weather is always perfect.

Mentioned in this post
Bonaire
Bonaire
Caribbean
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
4. Re: Beach Units????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, August 27, 2009