We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any new restaurents

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,889 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Any new restaurents

We will be back in Bonaire in 4 days for 2 weeks( cant wait ! ).

We are wondering if there is any new ( and good ) places to eat.

We cook in 2 out of 3 nights so we are looking for more up scale places.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any new restaurents

Hello Bottom,

Not sure when you were here last so cannot say which is new. If it's been a year here are the newbies. I will comment on the ones I have tried and can RECOMMEND. The ones I have not tried I will only mention but cannot recommend.

Papaya Moon

Papagayo

Menzani

Patagonia is where Lighthouse used to be at the Harbour Village Marina. Owned by Ines and family, shareholders at Casablanca it's fabulous. Great Argentinian wines, meats and hospitality. Mi Banana is local Columbian fare across from our famous "gentlemen's club" near More for Less Grocery Store on the same side. Very good and fair prices.

As far as "upscale" we really do not have that kind of dining here as far as I can explain. High end to me is fine dining, dress up sort of places. The places that are higher priced and tend to be considered higher end are Richards with it's seaside presentation and well prepared meals (Super owner and staff), Capriccio's with homemade Italian meals and THE best wine list on island and Balandra in Harbour Village which I cannot recommend based on my last visit in 2005.

All time favs are too numerous to list but email me if this is not sufficient.

This is ONLY an opinion so take it for what it's worth...each place has a good and bad day...everyone has their own opinion...

Ann Phelan

ann@bonairecaribbean.com

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any new restaurents

Oh and Cactus Blue is new this year. Amazing menu, great tuna sashimi, apps all around shine. The staff is great, the setting colorful and fun and the owners sincerely invested in making your dining experience memorable. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.

3. Re: Any new restaurents

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, August 20, 2009