We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel good for diver and snorkeler

Phoenix
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
hotel good for diver and snorkeler

I'm sure this has been discussed at some time, but I am a diver, my mom only snorkels. I am looking for a good combo for us both. Don't need expensive. Somewhat close to town would be nice. I was looking at Black Durgon Inn, Bruce Bowker Caribe Inn. As far as diving I would like to do some shore dives, but I will not have a buddy. Is this a problem or are there plenty of options for people without a buddy? Do we need a car? Thank you for the help. Any information would be appreciated!!!!

New England
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel good for diver and snorkeler

Carib Inn is closer to town than Black Durgon. Once there you could talk with other guests about joining them for shore dives if you need a buddy. Having a vehicle gives you much more flexibility for visiting the many wonderful dive and snorkel sites around the island. A good resource for both you and your mom is Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy by Susan Porter. Check it out at www.bsdme.info

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,574 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel good for diver and snorkeler

Den Laman or Sand Dollar would be good lodging choices. There is excellent shore diving and snorkeling at this location. There are also several restaurants within walking distance.

Solo dives are permitted and frequently done on Bonaire. It really depends on your skills, comfort level and experience. At Den Laman/Sand Dollar, the reef starts at 20-30 feet. You will not be criticized or chastised for solo diving on Bonaire, if that is what you choose to do. Please note that I am not "recommending" solo diving for everyone- just letting you know that it is common on Bonaire.

You can also sign up on the boards to look for a buddy if you wish. I'm sure there are guests that would welcome you on their shore dives. You can also do boat dives and pair up with someone on the boat. It's your choice really.

3. Re: hotel good for diver and snorkeler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 29, 2015