We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,116 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

I bought tickets yesterday for a two week trip to Aruba (probably just over night) and Bonaire. Flight times were good and tickets were much cheaper than flying directly into Bonaire.

Anyway, now I have to figure out where to stay. We're 60's, husband is a diver, but hasn't been in several years. Doubt he will this trip. We like to snorkel and love to walk. We live in Belize in the winter and it's not uncommon for us to walk 8-9 miles a day.

We want to be walking distance to Kralendijk. I don't want to have to worry about having a few drinks at 'happy hour' and dinner and then driving. We also want ocean front.

Our first trip was last fall, only five days. We stayed at Oceanfront Apartments. The location was perfect. The unit wasn't bad, but, could have used some TLC.

I remember lots of condo/apartment type buildings along that stretch, but, don't recall any names and also don't know if any of them do short term rentals.

Also, this is my paranoid side talking, is it common on Bonaire to have a propane tank in the kitchen as a source for gas for the stove? Here in the US, we don't even keep our tank (for the grill) in the garage. They're outside.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Belize
Belize
Central America
New England
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

Sunbelt Realty handles many of the condos along the waterfront in Kralendijk including Playa Lechi Residence and The Shore. I think you will find these to be more expensive than where you were last year.

Other places that are in walking distance, though a bit farther, would be Divi or Carib Inn.

We have rented many apartments in Bonaire and have never had the propane tank in the unit.

Mentioned in this post
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

Hey Jean,

Glad to see you are headed back to Bonaire! If you collect beach glass there are a couple of areas to check out in Bonaire. Be sure you can visit the Donkey Sanctuary on this trip.

Becky

Mentioned in this post
Donkey Sanctuary Bonaire
Donkey Sanctuary Bonaire
770 Reviews
Bonaire
3. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:42 am, June 22, 2013