We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Bonaire

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
331 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Flights to Bonaire

Considering a September trip (first time) to Bonaire. Most likely flying from Houston to Aruba then need some advice on what is the recommend way to get to Bonaire. Thought about swimming, but not sure I can make it. On a side note/question, I did not really enjoy Aruba that much, as the snorkeling was not very clear and it seemed crowded for my taste. Hope Bonaire is different. Thanks......

Gilford, New...
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Bonaire

Oh, I'd say Bonaire is the antithesis of Aruba!

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to Bonaire

Can you just opt to take United's non stop IAH BON and avoid Aruba? Both so vastly different..good luck choosing..Sept. is VERY hot, no wind, coral spawn, some restaurants closed, no crowds, great deals..welcome

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
331 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to Bonaire

Glad to hear Vinibu. I looked over United's flights in mid September and October and did not see any direct flights. Maybe the seats were all taken, but it seems a long way out for that. Thanks any way.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
601 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to Bonaire

I came across an article during my Bonaire research and it looks like United/Continental is not running flights during early Fall...

bonaireinsider.com/index.php/…

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to Bonaire

My sincere apologies, I knew that United had a seasonal flight change. I wrote about it on www.bonairecaribbean.com/blog_bonaire.html

Annie

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
331 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights to Bonaire

No problem Caribchakita. Any recommendations on a place to stay that has great snorkeling and a pretty good waterfront bar within walking distance. A sandy beach is not needed. Thanks.....

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights to Bonaire

We were not thrilled at all with Aruba. However, Bonaire we loved! The entire population has a different attitude towards their island and it's ecology. Plenty of things to do and see. Getting there is more of an issue than it use to be. I haven't check flights in the last 6 months, but am aware that direct flights from Houston do not exist any more.

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,285 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights to Bonaire

I am looking at a trip down there too. I think the Houston and Atlanta flights are on Saturdays and return Saturday. Try changing your dates. It looks like it will be much cheaper for me to fly through Aruba.

I really liked Aruba when I was there four or five years ago, but I am looking forward to a different experience.

Edited: 12:49 pm, January 16, 2013
Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights to Bonaire

Through Miami with Insel Air. If I am not mistaken the insel flight from Miami on SAT goes straight to Bonaire before coming to curacao.

Insel also has a flight from Charlote CLT that goes straight to Bonaire also on saturday. But for Houston this is no option

10. Re: Flights to Bonaire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bonaire