We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bonaire in September

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bonaire in September

My husband and I are looking for a tropical location to celebrate our 2nd anniversary. We went to Aruba last year and loved it but are looking for a new place to go this year. I read about the ABC islands and am just interested in hearing recommendations on where to stay in Bonaire. We prefer quiet beach areas as opposed to bustling ones with water sports, etc.

Also, if anyone has any other recommendations for tropical vacations in September, they would be greatly appreciated!

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bonaire in September

Sept. is best visited by divers for the coral spawn. There is no wind and honestly, it's hot hot hot. We have few beaches compared to Aruba. Now, having said my peace, the ABC islands and Barbados and Tobago are far outside the hurricane belt so IF you must travel in Sept. you have chosen a great island. Don't get me wrong, I love my home and welcome new guests with great enthusiasm but the doldrums are not pleasant in Sept. IMHO.

If you are still interested in Bonaire and would be a snorkeling enthusiast, for sure come to Bonaire. The deals are fantastic, the island very quiet and it's a lovely place to fall in love again..

Edited: 6:05 pm, February 27, 2012
2. Re: Bonaire in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:40 am, November 16, 2017
Toronto
Level Contributor
3 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bonaire in September

September and October are so nice and quiet in Bonaire. We found September to be even quietter with a few restaurants being closed the entire month due to how quiet it is on the island.

Bonaire is the place for independent minded, nature loving visitors. Even the big resorts are small compared to most other islands. There will be no "activity directors" leading activitys by the pool!

We have been there 23 times Over the last 20 years. That's the kind of loyalty Bonaire inspires.

4. Re: Bonaire in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, June 17, 2013