We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General Info

Seabrook, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
General Info

My boyfriend, three teenage daughters and I are considering a trip to Bonaire. We don't dive, but we do enjoy snorkeling. Is there anything else to do on the island? I saw one post that indicated not many beaches on the island. In the pics I saw there were very pretty beaches, does anyone know how many/how big the beaches are?

Also, is it possible to travel to Curacao? We thought about spending a few days there and a few on Bonaire. Any pointers/information would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Mentioned in this post
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean
Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: General Info

Hello

Bonaire is a naturist island with mangroves to paddle in, hills to hike, trails to mountain bike, over 80 shore sites many great for snorkeling. Windsurfing is king here. It is one of the best places to learn. There are a few nice beaches at some hotels and at Lac Bay where we windsurf. The water all over the island is gin clear and lovely for swimming. At night your teens are safe to walk around town getting pizza and ice cream while you and your bf have cocktails or a romantic dinner.

CUR is 30 miles away. There are 3 airlines servicing the CUR BON route so yes, you can do two islands.

Ann Phelan

Seabrook, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: General Info

Thanks a bunch for your reply caribchakita. Very helpful.

The island sounds like there is plenty of fun things to do there for a week. Do you (or anyone ready this) know if they have a ferry to Curacao? I'm not to big on flying, but will if I must.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean
Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: General Info

Hello Z,

There is no ferry. DAE has larger planes but service is unreliable. The flight is 10 min.

Divi has smaller planes. It is 15 min. They are more reliable.

4. Re: General Info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, September 08, 2009