We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November rainy weather? Where to eat? Input on Carib Inn?

Oregon
3 posts
Save Topic
November rainy weather? Where to eat? Input on Carib Inn?

Well, tried to jam all these into one post. We're divers who usually dive in 40 degree water so we're stoked to come to Bonaire. We'll be there 11/6-11/14 and I looked at the weather and said it was raining. How's your rain, we get 80-100 inches a year, so does it rain for an hour at noon and then quit like in Brasil? Looks hot still though. Does that interfere with viz when diving?

Eating? We're not millionaires and we like fresh fish....recommendations? I like to spend about 20-25$/day for food.

we're at the Carib, Hope it's nice. Also heard theft from cars was rampant, that's a bummer.

Any input would be appreciated by other travellers or local experts!

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November rainy weather? Where to eat? Input on Carib Inn?

Hello

We have rainy season now until March. Usually we get 16-22 inches a YEAR. Yesterday it rained a lot most of the day but around 3 the divers were out. My friend recorded 1.6 inches of rain. My water tank if full.

I have heard of 2 cars being stolen in the 7 years I have been here.

Here are some place that serve fish:

Wil's Grill

Mona Lisa (13.00 USD Bar Hap)

Bistro de Paris for 26,00 ANG fish dinner

El Fagon for snapper

Mi Banana for snapper

You cannot eat for 20-25 USD per day here or any Caribbean island that I know of. Sorry.

Ann Phelan

Oregon
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: November rainy weather? Where to eat? Input on Carib Inn?

Thanks, realize it's a beautiful dream to eat cheap. We will try the local food for sure. We got 3 inches in one day here as far as rain. It can rain every day for months! It's all good. Looking forward to our trip! Since you're the local expert, how many ANG to a dollar?

Thanks!

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: November rainy weather? Where to eat? Input on Carib Inn?

The USD is accepted. 1 USD = 1.78 or 1.77 or 1.76. Use your ATM (so long as you have no card useage fees outside the US) and leave your cash at home. Credit cards are good. AMEX not accepted everywhere.

Local Eats

El Fagon

Mi Banana

Antriol Catering

Dollars Terrace

Nadia Snack

4. Re: November rainy weather? Where to eat? Input on Carib Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, September 12, 2009