We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise Ship Stop

Florida
Level Contributor
108 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise Ship Stop

Hi

We will be in Bonaire in Jan 2008 for about 7 hours only. I am trying to figure out the cost, and if it is even possible to go to Klein Bonaire on our own.

Can anyone tell me the cost of water taxi and if they are available to anyone or only passengers on the ship's excursions?

Also if we go on our own, we will need a marine tag which is $10, is this correct?

Does the water taxi sell the marine tag?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Bonaire sounds like a fabulous island!

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cruise Ship Stop

If 5500 passengers are in port that day (2 cruise ships) avoid Klein Bonaire.

Florida
Level Contributor
108 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cruise Ship Stop

I understand Klein Bonaire may be crowded, but I really had trouble getting enough information to plan a trip to the beach on our own.

I ended up booking the ship's excursion to Klein Bonaire.

I hope I won't be sorry.

Maybe the information about the watertaxi with Capt. Mike will help someone else out.

Thank you.

Donna

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cruise Ship Stop

Just for future reference, IMHO never book a shore excursion with the ship. You could take a taxi to a lovely beach and snorkel for 2 hours. They happily come retrieve you when you are ready. We have 80 shore dives so can you imagine that? Klein Bonaire will be a madhouse. There is no shade aside from a lean too and some scrub brush. There are no facilities.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cruise Ship Stop

Never heard of Capt. Mike. He must be some new operation for the cruise ships. Shore excursions on ships are $$. Research the island, find a nice cabbie and do your own thing, next time.

15. Re: Cruise Ship Stop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, September 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bonaire