We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental

Kentucky
Level Contributor
18 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental

I’m going to bonaire in a month...what rental place is the best to rent a car from please? Thank you

48 replies to this topic
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
140 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental

There are TONS of threads already regarding this topic. Take a minute and peruse the site. For me Telerin is the best. Their info is listed in many of the other threads.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
18 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental

Thank you! I’ve not read all the forums, but I have researched most of the car rental places. AVIS seems to be the cheapest right now at the airport

Pa.
Level Contributor
6,054 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental

Telerin for me too!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
140 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental

A word of advice if renting from Avis or Budget. If there is more than one of you in your traveling party; once you clear customs/immigration, immediately send the person who reserved the car to the rental car booth (across parking lot and to the left) and have everyone else remain to get the bags. The lines at Avis and Budget get long quick, and it's not a fast check-in process. This is one of those "read it now believe me later" tips. Run, don't walk.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
18 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental

Thank you so much for the great info...it’s just my wife & I, but I appreciate ALL the help we can get. We’ve never been to Bonaire before, but had some friends that visit there regularly. I will definitely take your advice. I’m going to look into that other car rental place you mentioned and see what their prices are. AVIS was about $50 to $100 cheaper though this far. Thanks again

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
140 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rental

Telerin should be $425 for a truck for the week. This includes all insurance. You can waive the insurance and save money if you want (not worth it in my opinion. CC coverage can be a hassle to use, even if the end result is positive). They are also one of the few places that accepts AMEX.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
18 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car rental

Avis was $271 for a truck WITHOUT insurance...my local auto insurance company (Farm Burea) told me since I had full coverage insurance on my current vehicle that would work as full coverage on my rental vehicle-not to waste money on full coverage insurance through the rental company

Napanee, Ontario
Level Contributor
438 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car rental

We have used AB car rental the last two years and were very happy with them. The first time a shuttle met us at the airport and then drove us to AB to pick up our truck. When I asked the shuttle driver if he could show us where den laman was he said to follow him and he led us right to it. This year we got an email that they would be closed when we arrived so they gave our keys to a taxi driver. Sure enough we arrived and a taxi driver was there and gave us our keys to our truck. We just had to pop in the next day to fill out the paperwork..very convenient.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car rental

I am arriving at Bonaire cruise terminal on Nov 29th and would like to rent a car for a day. Does anyone know if there were any car rental companies at the terminal or nearby? Thanks.

Pa.
Level Contributor
6,054 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car rental

echang...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g14726…

Reply to: Car rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted