We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!

VT
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Help!

WE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE IN BONAIRE RIGHT NOW! We spent MANY hours at the airport afterwhich Continental Airlines could not get us on the flights that we paid for . We finally just had to come back to VT. We are now trying to figure out if we can plan another trip to Bonaire around April 16th. I am back to ask what the weather especially the humidity is like in April. I have difficulty in real humid weather. How much of a difference is there between February and April1 16th, would you say? I know you are not a weatherman, but you give such good advice! Our other option would be to rebook with the rental people for next Feb.2008, at this same time.

I have research Bonaire for many weeks. There are tears in my eyes that we are not there. I have correstponded with many people in the Bonaire forums, especially you, and we know that when we finally get to Bonaire, it will be the dream of a lifetime. I hope other people read this and are alerted to the fact that CONTINENTIAL AIRLINES IS NOT A DEPENDABLE WAY TO FLY ANYWHERE. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE DISCOMFORT OF THEIIR CUSTOMERS. WE BOOKED WITH THEM IN GOOD FAITH AND WE GOT NO HELP FOR THEM RUINING OUR TIME ON BONAIRE.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help!

What happened?? IIt came in on time today. Can you even get air the 16th? I have a family member flying that day on AA and some clients.

The weather is fine..we are an arid island with low humidity. Come when you can.

I can feel your disappointment.

May I ask why take CO from New England when AA has better connections?? I fly this route a lot..would never go BOS EWR BON...anytime there is a Sat. to Sat. deal and there is one snag, forget it..sorry, not to preach/lecture but common sense prevails in the winter.

HUGS

Ann Phelan

VT
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help!

Hello Ann,

Thanks for your reply. We booked the Continental flight from Albany,NY to Cleveland, Ohio to Huston , Texas and finally to Bonaire. Everything was clear to go; even the snow storm was cleaned up and flights were on as normal. We were told last night that Newark, NJ was the problem, and not the weather. They sited overbooking, lack of a crew to fly, and delays as the reasons. They did refund our money. If they could have gotten us to Huston, we would have been on the flight that landed in Bonaire Sat. morning. They just couldn't get us to Huston.

We are now trying to make plans to come in April as I said earlier.

We are looking at the airline you suggested. I have got to get to Bonaire soon. I am a second grade teacher and my students have been researching Bonaire with me for weeks. I was suppose to bring them back pictures of the salt mines, flamings, indian carvings, scenery, and especially the donkeys and the reptiles We found a site where they showed us a picture of a baby donkey that was newborn and my girls fell in love with the baby. Ofcourse, my boys can't wait to see the reptiles.

Will keep you posted. Thanks again for you support.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help!

I am a former school counselor (16 years) so understand..can you have your class adopt a donkey? Have they seen the donkey cams? Www.donkeycam.org? April will be here soon enough...

VT
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help!

Great idea, Ann. I just fixed my school computer so the kids can watch the donkey cam when we go back to school next week. They will have a great time picking out a donkey they want to sponsor. Second graders really enjoy caring for animals. We are studying mammals at this time here in VT. It will be a great addition to my unit. I will be able to bring the donation with me when I come in April. Thanks and I'll be in touch.

Ohio
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Help!

I live in Cleveland and trust me the airlines had HUGE problems for several days due toe blizzard we experienced. Last night we had a plane slide off the runway and sent three to the hospital. Calcelling flights due to bad weather is common and ensures safety.

Don't take it out on Continental and please learn to spell HOUSTON.

VT
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help!

I realized that I spelled Houston wrong, but noticed it after I sent it. Thank you for your correction. Did you notice any spelling error in your message? Can you correct it after you sent it?

I am really sorry that people got hurt in your area. We had a snow storm ,also, but we checked our flights before leaving home. We were told that there were no delays on our schedule, so we traveled 21/2 hours to get to the airport. Today ,we were told that the problem had to do with traffic control by the airlines, not the weather. I did not intend to offend anyone. I just did not want anyone else to go through what we did. We would have been stranded for 51 hours. I thought that this forum was to help others be informed so that they could get to Bonaire and enjoy it when they got there. I feel fortunate to have communicated with many wonderful people through this forum. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

7. Re: Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, August 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bonaire