We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbados - Adult only hotels

Which Christ Church Parish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tiptree
Level Contributor
7 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Barbados - Adult only hotels

We want to go to Barbados in January. Can anyone recommend a good 4/5 star hotel all inclusive which doesnt have lots of screaming brats and has fab food, good beaches and pools and some evening entertainment. Also who is the best travel agent to go through?

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbados - Adult only hotels

Try Virgin (Virtginholidays.co.uk - on line) or BA. January is one of the best months so you may have trouble getting booked everywhere!

Guildford
Level Contributor
430 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbados - Adult only hotels

Hi Luvvy

Barbados will be fabulous in January - although it will be an expensive time to go.

Good Beaches and Pools are pretty well a "given"

5 Star hotels will not be all inclusive, so they will not meet that requirement.

You are therefore looking at 4 star hotels - which really equate to European 3 star.

Food will not therefore be "Fab" but will be fine - you will not starve!

With regard to evening entertainment you need to look at the number of bedrooms. Obviously the larger hotels have a higher budget for evening entertainment.

Almond Beach Club is the only one I know that is adult only, but I guess any 5 star hotel will be reletively Brat free!

I agree Virgin seem to have it sown up on the best deals, although don't expect the personal touch you might get with an independent operator.

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barbados - Adult only hotels

Almond Beach Club is adult only and on the west coast. Only other one I know is Little Arches on the south coast by Maimi beach. It's smaller than Almond, but on a more secluded beach. Don't have nightly entertainment there as it's very tiny, but it has a really fab restaurant Cafe Luna. Trying to think of any other adult only hotels but can't think of any at the moment.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,540 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barbados - Adult only hotels

You'll have to go with Almond Beach Club.

www.almondresorts.com

I'd book with Virgin Holidays as Virgin has a partership with Almond Resorts and you can do check in chill out at the hotel on your day of return.

Sandy Lane is 5* and loads of kids stay there.

Javon

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barbados - Adult only hotels

Sandpiper Hotel is not 'brat free' as you put it but I shouldn't think there'd be many kids around at that time. In fact, I don't think they allow kids then. Check out their web site to be sure. Even if there are some they are not allowed in the restaurant after 7:00 in the evening.

Although not AI you can opt for breakfast and evening meal. The food is excellent and just as good as most up-market restaurants around. It's a very adult type of hotel and well worth a look.

Jackie

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barbados - Adult only hotels

Just checked and in fact Sandpiper does not allow children under 12 to stay between 15th January and 15th March.

Jackie

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barbados - Adult only hotels

Javon- "You'll have to go with Almond Beach Club."

Wow! Sounds like no other hotel is worth considering then!

However, I do think the other hotels mentioned in this discussion have many great features, Sandpiper would be an excellent choice also if they have a no kids under 12 for some of the year. Little Arches has no children under 16 at any time of year. Cobblers Cove has a no children under 12 policy between Jan 8th and March 27th (that was this year, may change slightly next year), this is another lovely hotel worth considering on the west coast. The House is a smaller hotel; a no children under 12 policy in effect. Treasure Beach Hotel allows children only at certain times of year. All of these hotels are extensively reviewed here so it may be worth a look at their pages and see which ones sound good to you LuvvySS.

So, if you want a kid-free zone there really is quite a bit to choose from; whether a bigger west coast resort or a smaller south coast boutique hotel. I would not say that you "have" to go to Almond unless it is exactly what you are looking for.

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barbados - Adult only hotels

P.S. the hotels mentioned are not all AI but there are many great restaurants on both coasts now (south and west), so you'd be spoiled for choice. There are really very few AIs of an exceedingly high caliber here in Barbados and most of them do cater mainly to families.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,540 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barbados - Adult only hotels

InBarbados.

ABC is the only hotel in Barbados, based on Luvvy's requirements that does not allow guests under the age of 16 all year round.

Javon

uk
Level Contributor
208 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Barbados - Adult only hotels

Cant agree with you re ABC Javon, the food is mediocre, poor evening entertainment and some of the rooms are in dire need of refurbishment. It's a difficult one with Luvvy wanting an AI, dont think she will get what's shes looking for. Agree Virgin are very good.