We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single guy going to the south shore, need hotel help please!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Single guy going to the south shore, need hotel help please!

I am going to the south shore in October. I am trying to find a good place to go as a single guy. Was looking for a balance between peace and relaxation, yet a stone's throw away from fun things to do. The Coral Sands sounds very good as I can lounge on the beach by day and walk to the gap at night. Also was thinking about the Southern Palms Beach Resort on Dover Beach in the gap. Although it's in the middle of the gap, it seems peaceful enough. I might have a better chance of meeting other singles that want to group up and do stuff together....

All you experts and veterans out there... What are your thoughts on this? Many thanks!

-Mark

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,233 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single guy going to the south shore, need hotel help please!

Thank you for choosing Barbados.

A good place for singles in the middle of the gap is Rostrevor Apartments. It's economical, safe, in an excellent location and friendly.

Make sure you spend lots of time at the beach, especially Miami Beach as well as Rockley Beach.

What exactly do you want to do while your in Barbados?

Javon

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single guy going to the south shore, need hotel help please!

Coral Sands is a lovely hotel and I'm sure you'll like it there - it's just a stone's throw from the Carib Beach bar which buzzes on a Sunday afternoon as does Crystal Waters Beach bar during Sunday day time, and it's just around the corner fromThe Gap where most of the night life goes on. It's on lovely Sandy Beach and is also very close to banks, supermarkets and it's on the bus route to Bridgetown and Oistins for Friday night.

You won't have a problme meeting people I can assure you.

The Gap is generally quiet during the day but gets going around 10-10:30pm most nights.

As Genetic says - Rostrevor is an excellent hotel in the Gap - especially the new section - I used to stay there when I used to visit the island about 20 years ago!!!

Sarah

San Francisco
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single guy going to the south shore, need hotel help please!

Javon,

Thanks for the info.

To answer your question, I am looking to sit on the beach and drink rum and soak up the sun. Go swimming. Snorkel. Scuba dive (maybe). Go dancing. See some true local Barbados culture (away from the tourists as much as possible. Visit some rum production locations. See some of the natural beauty the island has to offer (wildlife, parks, etc.) Try REAL Barbados food. No American food, European food or Asian food!

-Mark

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Single guy going to the south shore, need hotel help please!

Hi Mark - did you decide where to stay???

Anyway sounds like you have the right attitude for Barbados - I'm sure you'll have a great time!!

Sarah

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,233 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Single guy going to the south shore, need hotel help please!

I am looking to sit on the beach and drink rum and soak up the sun.

That can be done at Hilton Barbados, Rockley Beach or Miami Beach.

Go swimming. Snorkel. Scuba dive (maybe).

This is excellent at Folkestone Marine Park on the west coast.

Go dancing.

Harbour Lights (just rated #1 in Barbados by Zagat)

reggae lounge in the gap

See some true local Barbados culture (away from the tourists as much as possible.

You'll get this in Bridgetown, and it's surrounding areas.

Visit some rum production locations.

Mount Gay Rum and Vistor Centre in on Spring Garden Highway

Foursquare Rum Factory is in St Philip

See some of the natural beauty the island has to offer (wildlife, parks, etc.)

Wildlife reserve, cherry tree hill, hackleton's cliff, folkestone marine park, king george V park

Try REAL Barbados food. No American food, European food or Asian food!

Fisherman's Pub in Speightstown, David's Place on the South Coast, Enid's at the Almond Beach Village, Brown Sugar at Aquatic Gap, just before the Hilton.

Hope this helps

Javon

6. Re: Single guy going to the south shore, need hotel help please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, August 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish