We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral Mist

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Coral Mist

Hi, considering going to this hotel beginning of October, reviews are fantastic. Never been to this island before so any info would be appreciated. Cost of meals, transport from the airport, and is the sea rough all the time or just with adverse weather? Any need to worry about hurricanes at that time of year?

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coral Mist

Hi,

You've made a great choice with Coral Mist. I stayed there for 3 weeks in Feb/Mar and it is fantastic. The beach is beautiful, although the waves can sometimes get up, and the staff are great and really friendly all round. You're within walking distance of a number of places to eat and also the Big B supermarket, so no worries on the food front. You also have a bus stop outside or can pick up a route taxi (little white minivan that stops wherever you flag t - denoted by a ZR plate) - both are only 1.50BDS each journey - great for getting to the restaurants and bars in the Gap. The only downsides to the hotel are the road noise, which yu forget about after the first night or two, and the fact that the bar closes at 10pm. We like to have a drink when we return at night and were quite often there when they closed, but we just went and sat on our balcony and had a nightcap instead. I would definitely go back to Coral Mist and plan to do so for my next trip (my 15th).

Locally to the hotel you have Just Grillin which I thoroughly recommend. It is a kind of fast food place, but does fantastic grilled fish and meat with sides - very reasonably priced and very fresh. We picked up a loyalty card when we were there last because we went there so much. You can spend anything you want on a meal depending on where you go to eat, you're spoilt for choice.

In terms of transport to/from the airport, you'll need to get a taxi. You can pick them up just outside the arrivals door, no nee to book, but check the price before you get in. We had a car, so I can't help on the fare, but I am sure someone else will be along to help out on that one.

Hope that helps

Nicky

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,842 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coral Mist

HI feetnotonground,

Ditto all of the comments above really with regardds to hotel and beach etc.

There are plenty of taxiis at the airport - should cost about US $15 from a one-way transfer. The sea can be rough or calm from one day to the next - recently on the south the water has been very flat - I've even been in it because it has been like a pond (but cleaner and clearer). The sea really dpends on the weather conditions at the time.

With regard to meals, you can eat out as cheaply or expensively as you wish just shop around - there's plenty within walking distance from Coral Mist. In October you are likely to get some rain - it is rainy season - obviously I cannot tell you if there will be a hurricane because that's out of my hands however Barbados has not been hit since 1955 if that helps.

Hope this helps

Sarah

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
3. Re: Coral Mist

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, August 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish
Recent Conversations