We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mix of Nationalities ???

County Armagh...
Level Contributor
152 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Mix of Nationalities ???

Hi

Was wondering if there are there areas of Barbados that have a mix of nationalities staying.

Stayed in Christ Church many years ago and it seemed to be Brit only

Really enjoy meeting people from all over the world

Any advice much appreciated

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
11,940 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mix of Nationalities ???

Don't know if this is relevant - but the Sunset Crest area of Holetown was a Canadian development more than 30 years ago - so many of the people who originally bought homes, condos, etc, were Canadian - many of banks on the island are Canadian - in Holetown there is a Royal Bank, and Scotiabank (plus other banks) - so do find Holetown area seems to have a good mix of Canadians, British, some French (usually French Canadians/Quebers) - and the occasional German, and S American.... now whether this is because Holetown is a popular destination on the west coast - or whether it is because so many Canadians started to visit here in the 1970s, 1980s, 1990s - can't say - We started coming to Barbados in 1975 and have been firm Holetown visitors -(now with a home here) - since then.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,588 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mix of Nationalities ???

Well all I can say is that on the beach in Holetown since January I have met many visitors including people from the UK, Canada, USA , Germans, Argentinians, Italians, Indians, Spanish, Irish, Trinidadian and St Lucian .

Would that be "mixed" enough for you freefan?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,628 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mix of Nationalities ???

No one can answer your query with any accuracy. Visitors decide where they stay and you can meet people from anywhere, everywhere if they are there the same time as you.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,574 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mix of Nationalities ???

Whilst the vast majority of the people we met on the south coast during our last stay (Jan-Feb) we're British, we also came across Canadians, Italians, Germans, French, Finns and people from South America.

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,552 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mix of Nationalities ???

Agree Bimfan same here

County Armagh...
Level Contributor
152 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mix of Nationalities ???

Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply

Will check out Holetown

Have a lovely holiday wherever you stay !

Ballina, Ireland
Level Contributor
659 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mix of Nationalities ???

I think we think because so many English people are posting questions on TA that it will be mainly English, Scottish and Welsh tourists , with a few Americans, and a few resident Canadians. I suppose the Spanish, French , germans etc don't post on the forum because the language is English. I do see an odd Irish poster too.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
11,940 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mix of Nationalities ???

Biddypat - beantonka is German and she posts

Ballina, Ireland
Level Contributor
659 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mix of Nationalities ???

aha, there ya go! but you see what I mean about the original poster thinking Barbados would be full of British people, when in fact there is a wide variety of other nationalities going to be there. I wonder what nationality are the biggest fans.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
5,107 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mix of Nationalities ???

I think the Brits are the most predominate, then Canadians, Americans then a mix of Swedes/Fins/Germans. The only French we heard was French Canadian. We have noticed the largest mix of nationalities when the ships are in port.

Edited: 6:54 pm, March 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish