We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to bring spends

Which Christ Church Parish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Isle of Man
Level Contributor
484 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
best way to bring spends

Apologies if this has been asked before but what is the best way to bring money into Barbados? Sterling, American dollars or Barbados dollars?

Thanks

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
484 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best way to bring spends

Sorry, didn't mean to post it twice and can't work out how to delete either!!

Exmouth England
Level Contributor
697 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best way to bring spends

I personally am going with a Travel Money card. I have just used one in the states and it was soooo easy. you can use it in almost all restaurants, bars, shops, etc. I then just had US dollars (you could take BDS) for things like tips, small purchases like coffees or buses etc. This way you don't end up spending hours queuing in the banks to change money.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best way to bring spends

From the UK it is best to take either £s and change them at the bank into BDS$, or take USD and spend them (you get change in BDS$ so it can get a bit confusing, but I just keep my BDS$ until we have enough for an evening out or something and use them in one go)

You'll find the £ to BDS$ exchange rate in the UK is poor.

4. Re: best way to bring spends

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish