We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

surf and stay???

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
38 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
surf and stay???

Hello!! I have received some great information from everyone about our first time to barbados. And I thank you. Was trying to narrow down our options from Clearwater apts, Salt ash apts and mike's holiday. We just want a kitchen and to be able to walk to a surf spot w/ our boards everyday. We are staying a month and bringing our own boards. I fear that the east coast is too big and heavy of a wave for me in NOv. so the South is it. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you ,

Amanda

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: surf and stay???

I would definitely try Salt Ash apts. The rooms are good, with a kitchen and all views are out to sea. Barry's Surf shop is literally next to the apts but saying that you have your own boards. The sea facing you is pretty popular with surfers. You have a couple of mini marts very close by to get your basics in and you have the added bonus of a beach bar right on your door step. It is my favourite spot on the Island.

Edited: 3:05 am, August 06, 2013
South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: surf and stay???

If you want some nightlife thrown in as well ,out of all your options it has to be Salt Ash . A good moderate surf and a great area to go out at night with loads of reasonable priced drinking and dining places , if you fancy a change .

Edited: 6:36 am, August 06, 2013
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,269 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: surf and stay???

amandarose74

I still think you should consider the East Coast... I see several persons in the area visiting from overseas who stay at the Sea-u Guest House or the more luxurious and oceanfront Atlantis Hotel. Don't count them out as yet.

Regards

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: surf and stay???

If you are serious about your surfing you may be better at somewhere like Zed's Surf Adventures at Surfer's Point - better surfing than Salt Ash, instruction if you want it and accommodation. It is still on the South Coast and you would need to travel for nightlife, but not as far out as the East Coast. Just depends what your priorities are?

Edited: 1:11 pm, August 06, 2013
Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: surf and stay???

Another South Coast place to consider would be MoonRaker Beach Hotel - www.moonrakerbarbados.com

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: surf and stay???

I agree with Carole - if I wanted to surf and I wasn't expert enough for Soup Bowl type surfing on the East Coast (and I most certainly am not!) then I would choose somewhere near Surfer's Point such as Zed's, Ocean Spray Apts, Moonraker etc rather than Salt Ash. I agree it's further from nightlife but it depends on your priorities and your surfing ability.

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
38 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: surf and stay???

Awesome thank-you are priority is surfing for a month. We don't care about night life. we are more early bar hoppers like HH anyways. will check out south point areas thank-you so much!! Hope I can find a good monthly rate

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,640 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: surf and stay???

Another vote here for Zeds Surfing Adventure. That is the first place that came to mind to fit your requirements.

http://www.zedssurftravel.com/default.aspx

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
38 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: surf and stay???

I checked out these places all are twice and then some for pricing compared to salt ash, any other suggestions for places at Surfers point? Thanks again...so excited!!!

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: surf and stay???

Salt Ash is very popular with surfers, yes it isn't as good as surfers point but SA is IMO a perfect base to be, you can travel to the other places quite easily and if you like to bar hop again perfect place. It is entirely your decision in the end though.

Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish