We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap eats near southern palms...??

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
173 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap eats near southern palms...??

I'm all about street vendors and grub huts the locals frequent,....recommendations? Breakfast lunch snacks, dinners etc.... In my past travels, I've learned this is the way to go to hang w culture and get more bang for your buck...Leroy's van and Scotties seems to be a common thread and something about Chattell Village??

Thanks for your help...TA rocks..

Ron

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap eats near southern palms...??

I can recommend Scotties. They do great lunch time food and really good fish cakes. Lots of locals eat there.

montreal, qc
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap eats near southern palms...??

Where is Scotties?

Hanover, Canada
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap eats near southern palms...??

Scottie's fish cakes are huge, and cheap.

From Dover beach walk east (Ocean will be on your right when walking east) past Sapphire Beach condos. Continue a couple hundred yards until you come to Scottie's on your right. Scottie's has picnic tables out front and there is a white tent for cover.

Edited: 9:00 pm, February 08, 2013
Ottawa
Level Contributor
166 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap eats near southern palms...??

During the day try the kiosk's at Dover Beach, they have various dishes you can buy at reasonable prices. At night Pun d'Grill in the Gap has tasty food. Also at night are the BBQ's along the Gap road. These offer burgers (very tasty), chicken and other fare at very reasonable prices.

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,598 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap eats near southern palms...??

There are a few food kiosks opposite Dover playing field . Exit the hotel , turn right and you will see all the kiosks . The chattel village is straight across the road from Southern Palms . Happy Days for breakfast is good , and also Johnny Cools opposite Dover playing field for lunch . It's not actually street food , but it is freshly barbecue cooked and definitely worth a try .

Bigfanc.

We must have been posting at the same time .

Edited: 6:34 am, February 09, 2013
South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,598 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap eats near southern palms...??

Bgifanc.

Sorry about the misspelling . Damn iPad puts its own words in .

montreal, qc
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap eats near southern palms...??

Smokey66....your from Hanover? My dads from there!!! Lol

Hanover, Canada
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap eats near southern palms...??

Good ol Midwestern Ontario. Home of Butterball turkeys and former furniture capital of Canada.

montreal, qc
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap eats near southern palms...??

Lol!! So true!!

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
202 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap eats near southern palms...??

Hi ronskia,

Just returned this weekend 'sob sob' and I agree Happy Days breakfast and lunch was very good and we ate in Jonny Cools a number of times lunch and dinner and thoroughly enjoyed it. Oceans 15 has specials on which are very reasonable and tasty. Scotties always looked busy but we never ate there.

Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish