We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new years eve

Which Christ Church Parish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
new years eve

hi, will be in barbardos for new year staying at south beach hotel, any one have any ideas what to do for the eve & best place to celebrate, thanks in advance x

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,860 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: new years eve

porkypaul04

<The cheapest bottle of Champagne available in Barbados costs $200 BBD>

That is not true.

A bottle of Piper Heidsieck Brut 750ml is about $130 BBD in the supermarket, and several restaurants sell a bottle for well under $200 BBD.

So the Ramshackles offer is very good indeed.

Regards

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,327 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: new years eve

deejarn

I guess we are all different but for me there is a big difference between NYE & Christmas Eve.

NYE is always a party night and Christmas Eve is a nice meal in a restaurant and then possibly a late night church service.

23. Re: new years eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, November 11, 2012
Sion Hill, Saint...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: new years eve

Thanks BGI for putting me straight, so i take it that on new years eve night the customer gets a bottle of Champagne at midnight ($120 supermarket price!) a barbeque dinner and a gift all for $200 BBD......that is a bargain

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: new years eve

I'm sure it will be just a glass or two per person!

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,327 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: new years eve

Ramshackles have not advertised a bottle of champagne for each customer.

I also think its going to be a glass or two.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,860 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: new years eve

porkypaul04

You have to remember that restaurants will purchase champagne in bulk, so the price per bottle comes down significantly.

Regards

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,353 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: new years eve

Bulk buying or not, I bet you'll only get a glass or two for a toast at midnight Babiface!!

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,918 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: new years eve

PorkyPaul I buy champagne direct from Mt Gay it then costs little more than the UK in fact depending on the rate of exchange which at the moment is good, Piper Heidsick Rose is cheaper than Asda !

You should look around.

Sion Hill, Saint...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
30. Re: new years eve

westiegal & BGI

i thought we were talking about restaurants since the topic we were discussing was about restaurant prices and not wholesalers or supermarkets.

i still stand by what i said that you wont find a restaurant or bar selling proper champagne for(much) under $200 a bottle.

regards

Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish