We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which area South of Barbados?

Which Christ Church Parish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
222 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Which area South of Barbados?

We are travelling for 4 days pre cruise to Barbados.Been lots of times but always stayed St James area. Travelling with a female friend of a similar age mid 50s.

Is The Gap too young for us in the evening? We like lively evenings but dont want to feel out of it!

So where do we stay,like a good beach,HELP!!!!!! Also we are looking at the Butterfly Beach Hotel but suggestions would be welcome please.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,075 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which area South of Barbados?

The Gap is not "too young" for you. Actually it really depends what you're looking for, but whatever it is you'll find in the Gap or nearby. Barbados has something for everyone.

You could try:

Southern Palms http://www.southernpalms.net/

Sapphire Beach http://sapphirebeachbarbados.com/

Oceans 2 http://www.oceantwobarbados.com/

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which area South of Barbados?

I prefer coral mist/blue orchids to butterfly beach....much better location to go out in the evenings, especially as females. I didn't feel the area around BB was particulary safe

uk
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which area South of Barbados?

LOL Kiri suprising how people feel differently !

Butterfly feels much safer to me than the area around Coral Mist /Rockley - too many hasslers around there for me - although I do always get a taxi/bus at night from Butterfly to the Gap and back

to Jules - no I dont think the Gap would be "too young " for you but dependent on what you like and the days you are there I would check out :-

Mcbrides - Wed/Fri evenings - live bands - Buggy (reggae) on Wed and Masala on Fri (bajan + uk) - all ages

Oistens - different on different nights - Friday is the busiest - all ages

Cafe Sol & Pablos - Pablos sometimes has live music too

Hals bar? kareoke - seems like most nights LOL - all ages

Reggae Lounge - all ages although last time the Thurs night pay then drinks free seemed very young :( though could have been cos it was half term LOL

Also from Butterfly - Charlies is a few minutes across the road - mainly plays old rock music and does good food and Obskewer - just before Oistins - good food plus live bands at the weekend

Also at Oistins you have a supermarket & bank only 10 mins walk

The beach at Butterfly is beautiful :) soft white sand and peaceful too . The staff at Butterfly are great and the food /drinks are good too

Southern Palms is a good base to be if you want to be "in" the Gap and near to bars/restaurants - but far enough away so it is peaceful in the early hours !! Beautiful beach but the sea can be quite rough in front of SPalms .

Hope this helps

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,692 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which area South of Barbados?

jules9851

I would also consider the Accra Beach Hotel & Spa. Excellent hotel in an excellent location.

Regards

ske
SUSSEX
Level Contributor
987 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which area South of Barbados?

I have stayed at Butterfly and Accra beach/Rockley area. Love both and would return to either. In terms of being female, feeling safe and going out, I would not go for Butterfly as less places to walk to.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which area South of Barbados?

I agree that you will not feel "too old" or out of place in The Gap. In addition to trip7's list of places to go in The Gap you will also enjoy Oistins on a Friday night, Crytstal Waters (Worthing) on a Sunday afternoon, Carib (also Worthing) on Sunday evening and Side Shore (south end of Rockley) on Sunday and other evenings. These all start and end before things really get going in The Gap, which is 11pm onwards.

I have never felt unsafe in the Gap or in the area near Butterfly - or anywhere really. Definitely I would take a taxi back to Butterfly from the Gap at night (and the bus in the day).

I'd do the same if I was at Coral Mist too. The suggestion of Southern Palms is a good one - great beach, quiet location but walkable from the Gap bars etc.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
222 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which area South of Barbados?

Looked at these three they look simply stunning and perfect for us. Are they all good in terms of location for the evening? We dont want to be bothered with taxis as like to walk short distances?

Many thanks Jules

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
222 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which area South of Barbados?

Sorry will clarify

Southern Pals,Sapphire and Oceans Two

Reviews on Accra not too good

Many thanks again always rely on Trip Advisor!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,075 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which area South of Barbados?

These three links to maps will show where everything you're looking at is located. Plus with all three maps you can see the whole Gap. All within easy walking distance of any of the hotels.

barbados.org/aerial/st-lawrence-gap-east.php

barbados.org/aerial/st-lawrence-gap-central.…

barbados.org/aerial/st-lawrence-gap-west.php

Newcastle
Level Contributor
432 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which area South of Barbados?

Can only comment on Southern Palms. Going back for second visit in August. At far end of the Gap but opposite some great restaurants and pubs. Short stroll to the rest of the Gap. Right on beach with two pools. Steel pan band twice a week & sunday buffet lunch. Perfect!

Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish