We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all sorts of questions, late arrival at BGI

Which Christ Church Parish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
all sorts of questions, late arrival at BGI

Its finally here YEHH. We are landing next week at about 10:30PM and staying at the White Sands Villas in Christchurch. After the airport stuff, we should be at the Villas I'm guessing around midnight.

Is there anything open at that time for a quick bite near the Villas?

Is there a good place for the next morning for a good cup of coffee, pastries and such..

How far is Oistens from WSV. Is it walkable, and how safe of a walk is it meaning are there sidewalks?

Good place for Reggae music?. Thank you in advance

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
15,486 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: all sorts of questions, late arrival at BGI

I recommend you buy groceries anywhere but the small market in the Gap (sorry, I cannot remember the name - maybe Dover Market?). They don't take credit cards (large grocery stores do), have stiff prices, and the exchange rate is not good! We liked the Super Center at Randezvous and from our condo, it was a pretty easy walk.

In addition, you should have plenty of cash - either when you arrive or from an ATM (which are plentiful in the Gap). I'm not much of a cash user at home, but Barbados has many small shops, small restaurants, and even some attractions (like Welchman's Hall Gully) where they only take cash. I completely understand why and am not complaining, I just badly misjudged the amount of cash to bring from home. As I said, it is no problem to use ATMs while on island.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,544 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: all sorts of questions, late arrival at BGI

ddffpp

I definitely agree. Especially regarding the Dover Market. While it is convenient to many, I find too many of their items overpriced compared to Super Centre and Trimart. You pay for the location and convenience.

Regards

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,456 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: all sorts of questions, late arrival at BGI

Also there is a coffee 'shop' about 100 yards to your right as you come out of WSBV, it is situated right next to Oceans 15. They have a good variety of coffee's and pastries, while they aren't exactly cheap they are good.

14. Re: all sorts of questions, late arrival at BGI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 09, 2013