We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Butterfly Beach or Yellow Bird?

Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Butterfly Beach or Yellow Bird?

Going to Barbados for the first time in June. Both of these hotels are on the beach and offering good deals. Any opinions on which one is better?

What we are looking for is a pool with a nice bar, close proximity to restaurants, bars and nightlife, and nice beaches w/snorkeling.

Thanks.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Butterfly Beach or Yellow Bird?

Billy BloBob

Actually, Yellow Bird is not "on the beach", the beach (St. Lawrence Bay) is across the road which is part of St. Lawrence Gap.

Yellow Bird has the better location for restaurants, bars and nightlife. In terms of beaches, I'd recommend you walk over to Dover Beach or down the road to Worthing Beach which are both great.

Based on what you've said thus far, I'd go with Yellow Bird.

Regards

Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Butterfly Beach or Yellow Bird?

Yellowbird is not directly on the beach. The small beach at Little Bay that is directly across the road is quite small and there are no chair rentals etc. and it has not been very clean in the past. The closest beach is about a 5 minute walk and is called Worthing beach with chair rentals, changerooms and a couple of beach bars.At low tide you can walk thru the water in Little Bay if you stay close to the shore in fron of Bellini's to get to Worthing Beach, otherwise it is just a quick walk by road around the corner.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Butterfly Beach or Yellow Bird?

Hey BGI...great minds again and all that.... lol

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Butterfly Beach or Yellow Bird?

MrsBB

Haha! As usual!

Regards

montreal canada
Level Contributor
185 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Butterfly Beach or Yellow Bird?

I agree with above posts, not on Beach, but great view and sunsets..You have option of a couple of beaches not to far off...Plus right on top of Gap, so if you are sitting on your balcony, there is always action at night...

montreal canada
Level Contributor
185 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Butterfly Beach or Yellow Bird?

But as i always tell people check out the Rostrevor, which is also on Gap..Good prices, private small beach, but options of other beaches close by..They also are opening their new wing, which is very nice..They have a bar/restaurant, pool, very cute place to stay....

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
18,621 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Butterfly Beach or Yellow Bird?

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. I thought beaches were public. Can anyone go to the beach by Rostrevor or is it "fenced off" from the public?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Butterfly Beach or Yellow Bird?

ddffpp

Yes, all beaches in Barbados are public, but not all have official public access as some can be a bit challenging to get to. For example, few hotels will let you walk through their property to get to the beach.

Regards

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
18,621 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Butterfly Beach or Yellow Bird?

Thank you for the clarification.

Barbados
Destination Expert