We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

barbados vs maldives

Which Christ Church Parish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
barbados vs maldives

Having visited the Maldives for many years,we now fancy a change ! How does Barbados compare ? as we like peace and quiet and if possible AI

Thanks

Leeds Uk
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: barbados vs maldives

Hi

Also been to Maldives and Barbados, you can't really compare.

Yes they both have wonderous beaches and the climate, but you don't really get the desert island feel in Barbados. On the other hand Barbados has far more for the active and those who like fine dinning and exploring.

The snorkling and diving in the Maldives are second to none and you would struggle to beat this anywhere in the world. Other watersports are comparable.

The Maldives is a small island experience and can be somewhat manufactured depending on the resort island you stay on, where Barbados outside of the resort gives you the real experience, especially if you take the time to explore outside the hotel. This is a little difficult in the Maldives as to some degree you are limited to where you can freely travel. When you do it is usually as part of a group who take you to local tourist spots only.

I would not expect the same luxuary as in the Maldives unless you want to spend the big money and stay in one of the more exclusive Barbados resorts. 5* Maldives is not necessarily 5* in Barbados.

In summary both locations have good and bad things going for them. It is really a person thing and you have to weigh up what you want from the holiday. Me at the moment its Barbados it just has that little more to offer.

Level Contributor
180 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: barbados vs maldives

Spent Feb 2004 in Barbados, Feb 2005 in Meedhupparu, Maldives and fly out to Barbados in 5 weeks.

They are too different to compare but both fabulous. If you haven't been to Barbados try it, but choose your hotel carefully. Some of the AI resorts are not as good as you would get in the Maldives, but the Island has a lot more to offer and it's small enough to experience tourist and real life.

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: barbados vs maldives

Thanks for your honest opinions guys, i think i will give it a go !!

Surrey
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: barbados vs maldives

If you go to Barbados, book a table at the Cliff - and ask to sit on the terrace. It's not cheap at ��70.00 per person for a 3 course meal with wine butthe experience is out of this world.

Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish