We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental?

Portland, OR
1 post
Save Topic
car rental?

My wife and I will be staying at The Crane Hotel for a week in mid August? We will be on vacation without the kids and are looking forward to mostly doing nothing but relaxing at the beach. However, we will also want to do just a little shopping, dancing, etc. Should we rent a car?

northwest uk
Level Contributor
188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental?

most definitely as you are a bit out of the way..... you can find car rentals on yellow pages barbados on-line or you can find them in yellow pages when you get there.

Barbados is a beautiful island. mind you when you see Crane Beach. you just might not want to go anywhere it's so georgous . hope that you both enjoy your child free holidays

regards

maggie

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental?

Just be aware that you are driving on the opposite side of the road and the wheel is on the opposite side of the car. I would explore the costs of renting a car vs. just using cabs - You can take cabs everywhere, and they are always around when you want to leave the clubs or are done shopping - plus, many of the drivers will arrange to pick you back up at a certain time.

If you intend to spend most of your days doing nothing, it might be cheaper just to use a cab for a few excursions.

Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental?

HI

Check out Carribean.cars.con. Let me know how your stay is. We will be at The Crane in December!

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car rental?

hi there

we stayed at the crane in june for two weeks it is quite simply paradise,we did have a hire car for the first week .however we used cabs in the evenings as there are not many pavements(sidewalks)and the street lights can be a little patchy we always used Elvis, he is one off the cranes regular drivers and our children thought he was really funny,the hotel did have a shuttle in to Bridgetown a couple of days a week as well as a minibus that takes you to the local supermarket on Monday morning for grocerys,having said that we e-mailed the concierge a few days before we arrived with a list of grocerys and they were in our fridge/freezer waiting for us which was great and saved us having to go shopping for a couple of days. have a great holiday you will love the crane i am sure .by the way the sunday buffet lunch is fabulous with steelpans and great food ,have a great holiday we will carry on saving till next time bye rkaty

barbados
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: car rental?

a car should be a must since crane is on the east coast try stoutes car rentals

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
136 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car rental?

Yes try GL Rentals, the best on the Island.

Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: car rental?

Fish...what is GL rentals?

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: car rental?

Hi

I would definately recommend a car for a week at least, there is so much to see and do. We rented from Stoutes recently and they were fab. Prompt delievry, nice vehicle, jeep with a/c. I would recommend a/c its nice if you are sat in traffic.have a good holiday!

Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish