We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Barbados

virginia
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Barbados

Does anyone have any information about this hotel other than what is being shown on their website? How close is it to restaurants, Is it too much in the city for a relaxing vacations? Is it a good beach? Thank you!

niagara canada
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Barbados

We strongly feel that this is one of the best locations and certainly one of the best beaches on the island...for the most part, you will probably have to jump in a cab to get to any nightlife or restaurants...We were just walking this beach in January of this year...in fact we walked it every day from where we were staying .....You couldn't help but have a relaxing holiday at such a beautiful location!!!

Level Contributor
120 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Barbados

Some people on the airplane on the way back yesterday had just stayed there and... they were.not.impressed. I jsut stayed at the new Va Beach Hilton, which was great, and these people basically said the Barbados Hilton was NOTHING like that--totally uninspired... No nice shower heads, no nice linens... just boring.

THere were so many nice hotels in the same price range, that I might consider looking elsewhere if I were you.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,888 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Barbados

I have to agree with Chloe as to location - The Hilton is on my favorite South Coast beach, and close enough to the clubs and restaurants, yet far enough away to be quiet at night. I believe that it is close enough to the Boatyard to walk - I haven't seen the finished hotel, so I can't comment on the specific accomodations, but the location would be ideal for me!

Mentioned in this post
The Boatyard
The Boatyard
1,140 Reviews
Barbados
Northeast USA
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Barbados

Well, I just booked a trip at the Hilton for Nov. so I'm crossing my fingers that all will be fine. I like that it's seems to be near the action, but not IN it, and yet has many of the resort amenities that I desire with a highly regarded beach.

Hopefully, someone who actually stayed there will post a review soon! :-)

JC1
London
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Barbados

Whoever complained about the Barbados Hilton needs their head examined. Stayed there the week begining 13th June and it was fabulous. Great food, great entertainment and excellent service. Extreemly friendly staff and great views from all rooms. Happy hour 5pm till 6pm - two drinks for the price of one. Less than 5 minute cab ride to Bridgetown, and 10 to the Gap. Any questions - be happy to help.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Bridgetown
Bridgetown
Barbados
Northeast USA
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Barbados

JC1.....Can you please write a review for the hotel. I'd love to hear from someone who has stayed at the resort.

Did you eat breakfast at the hotel or somewhere else? What about the restaurants at the hotel, which do you recommend?

JC1
London
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton Barbados

Hi Blossom. As soon as i get the time i will try to do this. Breakfast at the hotel is in my opinion excellent. Full buffet service, with fresh fruit, meats, fish, egg/omlette station, full cooked section, ie sausages, bacon, beans, etc. actually i cant think of any breakfast option that wasnt covered. one person complained of no marmite - but that was it. Even sparkling wine/friexnet was available. The same restaurant is used for buffet lunch and dinner but i didnt experience this - there were too many other places to experience!

The rooms were very spacious - but i was a single occupant with king size bed. fully stocked mini bar including soft, alcoholic drinks, water and chocolate options ie twix and nuts. Bathroom had bath and walk in shower - and again spacious.

I had Bridgetown facing room which had great views of the bay, however not the pool and bar area.

corridors and rooms are fully air conditioned, reception was well staffed and there were taxis available all hours it seemed.

if you have any specific questions please do not hesitate to email me at jon.commisso@bsuclaims.com

Happy to help - it is an excellent hotel in my view, cant wait to return.

Mentioned in this post
Bridgetown
Bridgetown
Barbados
mhz
Switzerland
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton Barbados

I have just returned home after a two week holiday at the Hilton with my husband.We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and were very impressed.The rooms are large,bright, spacious and immaculately clean.We had an executive room for the first week and then was upgraded to a suite which was just HUGE. All rooms have an beautiful view over the sea and bay.

We used both the buffet restaurant and the fine dining restaurant. Both were excellent. Very good standard of food and very good service. The whole time, all the staff went out of their way to be very friendly and helpful.

The pool area is beautifully landscaped with two large pools and a separate children's pool. The beach is also lovely with soft sand, safe swimming and plenty of space.

It also has a great gym with the latest equipment and spa treatments are available.

We had a very relaxing and quiet holiday and will definitley return again sometime in the future. The position is good as it is very quiet but yet more restaurants and bars are just ten minutes away in a taxi.

Hope this has helped

mhz
Switzerland
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hilton Barbados

I have just returned home after a two week holiday at the Hilton with my husband.We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and were very impressed.The rooms are large,bright, spacious and immaculately clean.We had an executive room for the first week and then was upgraded to a suite which was just HUGE. All rooms have an beautiful view over the sea and bay.

We used both the buffet restaurant and the fine dining restaurant. Both were excellent. Very good standard of food and very good service. The whole time, all the staff went out of their way to be very friendly and helpful.

The pool area is beautifully landscaped with two large pools and a separate children's pool. The beach is also lovely with soft sand, safe swimming and plenty of space.

It also has a great gym with the latest equipment and spa treatments are available.

We had a very relaxing and quiet holiday and will definitley return again sometime in the future. The position is good as it is very quiet but yet more restaurants and bars are just ten minutes away in a taxi.

Hope this has helped

Northeast USA
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hilton Barbados

mhz...2 weeks in Barbados, that must've been paradise!!

:-D

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish
Recent Conversations