We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Orchid/Coral Mist - St Lawrence Gap

Which Christ Church Parish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Orchid/Coral Mist - St Lawrence Gap

Hi

My husband and I are looking into going to the above hotel for a week next Feb/March.

The recommendations all look excellent but I am wondering about the nightlife of St Lawrence Gap.

Is there plenty to do in the evening? dancing/drinking/eating etc - we are quite lively people!!!

manchester
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Orchid/Coral Mist - St Lawrence Gap

hi orinoco77

i cant tell you about the hotel blue orchird/coral mist. but i would recommend the nightlife at st lawrence gap. you will find different bars and restaurants it is very lively with the clubs coming alive around 11pm.

you have a great deal of choice mcbrides irish bar/club after dark where you can have a drink and relax.the ship in on a thursday where they have live bands.reggae lounge free for ladies on a monday evening.

i am sure you will enjoy yourself in barbados it is a fab place.

enjoy your holiday

jackie

GEM
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,691 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Orchid/Coral Mist - St Lawrence Gap

It is about a 15 min walk or about a 5 min cab ride to the Gap from Coral Mist. The hotel is great and you avoid all the noise from the Gap. If you don't mind all the noise and want to be closer then Coral Mist wouldn't be the place to stay. I really like Coral Mist and where it located. We walked to the Gap a few nights but have never really stayed for the nightlife.

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Orchid/Coral Mist - St Lawrence Gap

There's good info and links ot many of the St. Lawrence Gap bars, restaurants here:

www.thegapbarbados.com

For informal dining there's Bay Bistro, Cafe Sol (Mexican), McBride's Pub and Cookhouse, The Ship Inn for pub food/ carvery food, Jade Garden chinese, Cafe Jungles, Bean 'n' Bagel.

More upscale would be Bellini's Italian, Pisces (on the ocean) and Harlequin, Luigis Italian.

For fine dining there's the Restaurant at Southsea and Josefs (not too crazy about Josefs myself, overpriced and overrated in my experience).

Great cocktails and happy hours at Cafe Sol. Live bands and late night parties mainly at McBride's, Ship Inn and Jumbies (new).

There are a few more but I've given you the ones that spring to mind. Have fun!

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,196 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Orchid/Coral Mist - St Lawrence Gap

There's plenty to do in the Gap, but the nightlife doesn't get going until about 11pm. Plenty of bars and restaurants to eat & drink in til then though.

There's nothing that can be called nightlife at the hotel! The bar closes at 10pm (or at least it did when I was there last Feb & Sep). Reggie does organise a rum punch party one evening followed by a beach BBQ, but I missed them all on my last trips. Will try them out this time though.

Nicky

GEM
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,691 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Orchid/Coral Mist - St Lawrence Gap

Hi Nicky

We never had a bbq after rum party in Feb. Unless we just missed it. Mojos is about the only nite life which I know of close to the hotel.

Hope you have a great time when you go in a couple weeks. Say Hello to everybody especially V, Helene, Reggie.

US
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Orchid/Coral Mist - St Lawrence Gap

The website for Coral Mist says that there is a "fitness center" there. Is that true? What kind of equipment is provided, if any?

GEM
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,691 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Orchid/Coral Mist - St Lawrence Gap

there is a bike,treedmill and a universal weight machine. Just the standard nothing great. I guess its enough to get by on but when you are use to certain equipment its not that great.

Exmouth England
Level Contributor
699 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Orchid/Coral Mist - St Lawrence Gap

Hi. I would like to say that you have chosen the best place to stay in my opinion. We stayed at Coral Mist last year and it was brilliant. I could not fault anything. As for St Lawrence Gap, it is about 15 min walk from CM/BO and it is lively at night. There are plenty of pubs, resturants, etc. but to be honest we didn't go for the "night life" as such.

Enjoy your stay (i'm sure you will) :-)

9. Re: Blue Orchid/Coral Mist - St Lawrence Gap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, September 06, 2009