We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming with Dolphins

uk
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Swimming with Dolphins

please can anyone tell me if there is anywhere you can swim with Dolphins in barbados?

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming with Dolphins

Nope, they are all free!! (mind you- never seen one)

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,689 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming with Dolphins

No swimming with dolphins down here.. only turtles..

State of Disarray
Level Contributor
3,805 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming with Dolphins

The turtles are also free.

Johnstone, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimming with Dolphins

Closest would probably be Anguilla which is accessed by flying LIAT from Barbadoos but I dont think its direct...Barbados-Antigua-Anguilla.

They did used to have an attraction on Antigua where you could do this but it was closed down and moved to Anguilla around 18 months ago i believe.

hope this helps

blackpool england
Level Contributor
129 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimming with Dolphins

get yourself to bali try this link !!

swim with dolphins every day guaranteed !!

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g469403-r675…

London, England
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimming with Dolphins

best place ive swam with the mots beautiful creatures in the world was in the dominican republic that are in their natural habitat and are well looked after.

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swimming with Dolphins

Agree- as long as they are free, or near as can be-- it is becoming "the donkeys on the beach" AND for that matter so are the turtles-- I remember when they were a secret, now it's like a scrum .

US
Level Contributor
190 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swimming with Dolphins

Yes, those poor turtles are being abused by the tourists. I overhead one boat employee telling the people to "touch them, they won't hurt you". They don't mention that it's harmful to the turtles to have all of those hands touching them and fins kicking them! Plus, they're constantly feeding them fish, when their primary diet is vegetarian.

Johnstone, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Swimming with Dolphins

Abused by the tourists seems a bit strong but do agree that it seems to be getting out of hand...perhaps time for the Barbados Goverment to try and put some guidelines on it??

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,689 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Swimming with Dolphins

I must say thats interesting. Everytime I've ever gone out on a boat, I've been told NOT to try to touch the turtles. It really is to bad people don't put a stop to it, but then it might hurt that little part of tourism that requires that type of thing.

Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish