We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

barbados voltage

Gibraltar
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
barbados voltage

hi again,

is the voltage in barbados the same as in the usa?

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: barbados voltage

yes

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: barbados voltage

Yes, but the hertz are different.. US is 60hz or cycles and Barbados is 50hz or cycles. What does this mean??

the clock on the stove doesn't work properly.. slower than normal. This usually doesn't have any other effect on the applience.. You curling Iron may not heat up as fast as usual.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,912 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: barbados voltage

Electricity in Barbados is: 110 volts/50 cycles. (the same as usa)

There is a reliable electricity supply, with only the occassional outage.

Standard plug types in Barbados are: (1) Flat blade (2 flat blades) and (2) Flat blades with round grounding pin.

Most Barbados hotels can provide adapters and transformers for hair dryers and other appliances.

Javon

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: barbados voltage

Hey I am bringing my straightners and an adapter from the UK will they work, even if they take a while to heat up will they be as hot? Sue UK

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,912 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: barbados voltage

they should. my adapter works perfectly with uk appliances.

Javon

Gibraltar
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: barbados voltage

thanks for ur help "again"

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
834 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: barbados voltage

Soooo, my GHD's work fine in Barbados with an adapter, although they do take longer to heat up, but that is of course to be expected.

8. Re: barbados voltage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 pm, August 25, 2009