We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Firs time trip,royal pavilion fair mount

Which Saint James Parish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Firs time trip,royal pavilion fair mount

Hi just wondering what's good to do and see in st James?

Edited: 12:08 pm, June 02, 2013
Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
9,657 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Firs time trip,royal pavilion fair mount

Oh gosh Jake, where do I start ? To begin with you are staying on one of the best beaches on the West Coast . You are very near to two of the best beach bars Ju Ju's and the brilliant Ramshackle's, and in the middle of them, a lovely restaurant called Lone Star.

You are a very short bus ride $2 bds for any one trip ( or taxi ride ) from Holetown, the second biggest town in Barbados, where some of the major Restaurants are located along with an assortment off cheaper, fun restaurants and bars , plus a couple of Night Clubs.

Holetown has shopping from high end ( designer ) to simple souvenir , and can be a dangerous place for your credit card . Do you like cigars ? well you will find some of the best ones in Limegrove shopping centre, where you can sample a nice cigar ( much cheaper than the UK ) while your wife does a spot of shopping.

Sea wise, you can have a trip on a Glass Bottom Boat to see the Reef Fish and the Turtles, and a Catamaran trip will take you to see the same then on , up the West Coast past the most beautiful villas owned by the rich and famous. You can have a ride on a jet ski, or water ski or have a go on a banana. Anything is possible and available.

As for trips to view what the Island has to offer, they are endless and many others will recommend their favourites to you, but the one I most recommend is a trip to Hunte's Gardens, which is just something else, and completely magical,

All in all, there is so much to do and see , in St James and on the rest of the Island, just prepare yourself to return for many years to come.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
581 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Firs time trip,royal pavilion fair mount

Westiegal3 gave excellent info on the area so I will only add that your choice of hotel is superb. We stayed for 14 nights in April and I miss it every day. Cant be beaten absolutely excellent in every way.

Have a great time

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,871 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Firs time trip,royal pavilion fair mount

If it is your first trip to Barbados I would highly recommend visiting the East Coast one day, Bathsheba is beautiful, very rugged and wild and a real contrast to the West Coast. I enjoy combining it with a trip to St Nicholas Abbey and lunch at the Atlantis Restaurant.

As Westiegal said you are on a really beautiful beach, we enjoyed a few breakfasts at the Fairmont on our last trip, really lovely place to start the day. If you walk up to the north end of Alleynes Bay you can swim out and see the turtles.

I would recommend eating at the Lonestar, it is a great spot for dinner. You could also maybe try a Catamaran trip one day, I could highly recommend Cool Runnings. Enjoy your stay!

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Firs time trip,royal pavilion fair mount

Thankyou ever so much for your comments. Westeigal very informative and brilliant information from you all :) We have a catamaran cruise to enjoy and a jeep safari already in place so can not wait to get there and enjoy every minute of it.

Thanks again

:)

5. Re: Firs time trip,royal pavilion fair mount

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 04, 2014