We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First evening for dinner

Which Saint James Parish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
First evening for dinner

We are coming out to Barbados on 26th may staying at the beach view. 2 adults, a 13 year old and a 11 year old. Where would people suggest we eat on the first night after a long flight? It's a Sunday evening.

Edited: 4:32 pm, May 13, 2013
Guildford, England
Level Contributor
488 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First evening for dinner

1st night you will be knackered, I would suggest over the road to an early table at Daphnes or ask beach view to arrange light snacks in your fridge, they do leave some basics in the fridge, bread, butter cheese etc.

Our kids were asleep in their dinner by 7.30 at that age!! and I wasn't far behind......actually still am, and they are in their twenties now!!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,782 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First evening for dinner

KT70

I too would suggest Daphne's or if you want something a bit more casual, there is a 24 Hour Esso Gas Station opposite Tamarind where you can buy some delicious pizza. They also stock wines, spirits, snacks etc.

Regards

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First evening for dinner

I would go a couple of miles into Holetown and go to Zaccios for a very casual, family-friendly meal. It's reasonably priced and right on the ocean for a great location for a first meal.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,688 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First evening for dinner

We have only twice sat down to a formal meal on arrival but on each occassion we failed to appreciate it. You will have been grazing all day and by the time you arrive at your accomodation it will be almost 9.00pm UK time so whilst you will need something to eat perhaps not a full blown meal. The children will probably be well past it and as such a snack from the filling station may be the best option. I am not a Daphnes fan but if you are going to pay the relatively high prices they charge you will want to be awake to enjoy it.

england
Level Contributor
222 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First evening for dinner

We arrive just after you and have booked an early table at Scarlets,

england
Level Contributor
222 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First evening for dinner

We arrive just after you and have booked an early table at Scarlets,it is just up the road from Beach View

Edited: 4:07 am, May 14, 2013
Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First evening for dinner

Agree with InBarbados re Zacchios, which you can often get a table at without booking. But for speed of service and good food at a reasonable price you cannot beat "Just Grillin" - you do not need to book a table. You will find it on the right hand side as you come into Holetown from Beach view : 10 mins max by bus or less by taxi. And there is a bus stop near by for your return journey.

Edited: 6:24 am, May 14, 2013
Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First evening for dinner

I agree with beachandsea - We always do Just Grillin or Barbecue Barn as you really won't feel like making the effort for anything formal. I am sure the youngsters would love Just Grill in. We try to stay awake until at least 9pm (which is 2am at home) It is a long day and there is always tomorrow!

Guildford
Level Contributor
434 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First evening for dinner

I agree with ashbriar, we are normally too tired for a full evening meal first day, although we do hit the Banks and the cocktails!

I would chose a beach front establishment for WOW factor first night rather than Just Grillin myself.

E.

Wokingham, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First evening for dinner

First evening we didn't eat.

Second evening we went to Just Grillin in Holetown, very casual.

After that we were ready for something more! But our kids are younger (4 and 1) so were very tired the first couple of days.