We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holetown beach restoration

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Holetown beach restoration

Hi there could anyone please tell me a bit more about the work that's taking place to the beach. As we are staying at the sunswept hotel next month and I'm a little concerned that the work could affect our holiday. Virgin haven't mentioned anything about it but i think i would rather change hotel if it's going to be loud etc Would appreciate some advise :) thank you

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Holetown beach restoration

Thank u ;)

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
13,613 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Holetown beach restoration

Nothing today !

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Holetown beach restoration

Thank u for keeping me updated ;) what is the weather like there at the moment?

Mango Bay Barbados
3 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Holetown beach restoration

Dear Sazjazz,

I am the manager of Mango Bay Hotel, and last we were told (as the work encompasses the entire bay area), is that the next scheduled start date is somewhere around mid-July. Boulders will be arriving on island in June. The contractors have done projects like this before and are aware of the number of hotels in the area, so work will be as not-intrusive as possible. We have not been told that we should advise guests of inconvenience, so we will wait to see how it all unfolds.

What I can say is that we are really looking forward to the end result, and I am sure the process itself will be interesting to watch.

Hope you enjoy your stay at Sunswept which we also manage!

Kind regards,

Shireene Mathlin-Tulloch

smathlin@mangobaybarbados.com

Mentioned in this post
Mango Bay All Inclusive
Mango Bay All Inclusive
1,707 Reviews
Barbados
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Holetown beach restoration

Thank u for ur reply. Sounds like it will be fine, I'm worrying about nothing ;) x

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Holetown beach restoration

Hi - I was going to ask the exact same question, but in regards to the Sandpiper. Does anyone know if the construction will effect their beach? I am planning on staying there August 4.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
The Sandpiper
The Sandpiper
318 Reviews
Barbados
Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
13,613 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Holetown beach restoration

Hi Jeffbb2 Yes the restoration will affect all the beach up to Heron Bay, but whether it will reach Sandpiper by the beginning of August seems unlikely ,as it starts by Surfside in July, and it will all take time. I would imagine it will reach Sandpiper during their holiday closure period later in August .

Edited: 12:26 pm, June 07, 2012
Mentioned in this post
The Sandpiper
The Sandpiper
318 Reviews
Barbados
Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
13,613 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Holetown beach restoration

ps The Sandpiper closes on the 11th of August .until the 10th of October.

Mentioned in this post
The Sandpiper
The Sandpiper
318 Reviews
Barbados
19. Re: Holetown beach restoration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:41 pm, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Saint James Parish