We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holetown beach restoration

Which Saint James Parish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Holetown beach restoration

Hi there could anyone please tell me a bit more about the work that's taking place to the beach. As we are staying at the sunswept hotel next month and I'm a little concerned that the work could affect our holiday. Virgin haven't mentioned anything about it but i think i would rather change hotel if it's going to be loud etc Would appreciate some advise :) thank you

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,312 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holetown beach restoration

Hi sazjaz29

Westiegal is more up to date on this situation than anyone here on the forum but as far as she has pointed out this is what is going on :

The work is due to start on Monday 14th May (or during this week) and starts just south of Zaccios which is virtually on Sunswept's bit of beach.

The work as I understand it is to Groynes out in the sea and not directly to the beach. However I would have thought that this situation, although it won't interfere with you sitting on the beach it will not be a pretty sight!

Virgin holidays would probably know nothing of this situation.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holetown beach restoration

Thank you for your reply. I noticed westiegal is the one to ask :) so hoping she will reply. This is our 1st visit to the Caribbean, and was looking forward to it soooooo much :( im not sure what to do now. As the sunswept is so reasonable and in perfect location I feel it will be hard to change hotel and still tick all our boxes.

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,312 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holetown beach restoration

No problem. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Westiegal should be able to give you more of an update this week as she is in the area.

Sunswept is indeed in a great location.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,724 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holetown beach restoration

I don't believe Sunswept will be affected , as far as I can see from the plans the first bit of actual construction will be infront of the drain north of Surfside, but then, these plans are two years old !!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holetown beach restoration

Thank you westiegal - I guess we will have to wait and see. Is there any chance you could keep us updated? Pretty pls :)

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,724 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holetown beach restoration

Of course I will sazjaz .

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holetown beach restoration

Thank u ;)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holetown beach restoration

Hi westiegal wondering if the work started? I have emailed hotel but they seem to know very little. But wondered if anything happening yet? Thanks x

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,724 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holetown beach restoration

No, nothing up to last night !

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,724 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply