We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for word cup St James Vs Holetown Vs...

Which Saint James Parish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay for word cup St James Vs Holetown Vs...

Hello everyone, I am a member of a group of Australians (10 people) who intend coming to the World Cup in 2007. We are planning to base ourselves in Barbados for 3 weeks by renting accommodation for 10 like a vila.

If all goes well Australia will play games in either Grenada or Barbados then a semi in either Jamaica or St Lucia then the final in Barbados. Now I know I'm being presumptious with the agenda but we all hope.

However What are the pro's and con's of staying in either St James, Holetown or Bridgetown?

Thankyou

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,675 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for word cup St James Vs Holetown Vs...

The Pros of staying in Bridgetown is that it is nearer to the cricket ground so you won't be in the hustle and bustle to get there.

Otherwise, there really isn't much difference. Most ppl want to stay at the Hilton because its the closest good accommodation near to the cricket ground.

Holetown is in St. James..

Vancover
Level Contributor
700 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for word cup St James Vs Holetown Vs...

- most villas are in st james and st peter on west coast from 15-25 min to new cricket oval Kensigton in Bridgetown by car.

-holetown 2nd town in island shops banks spa tennis reastaurnt pubs great beacshes etc.

rent a car book a 5 -6 bedroom villa which wiil give you staff to cater to your group . private pool yet relax on beach when not at game.

Many great villas to rent in Sandy LANE AREA SO 15-20 MINS TO OVAL

Yet couple min to golf tennis beach etc, best of both. Here are two local villa sites with goos reputationd they can arrange car ental etc.

www.aaaltman .com

www.bajanservices.com

enjoy suntrav Have you got tickets too games as tickets are on a lottery basis to buy from select global agents.