We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf Courses

Barnsley UK
Level Contributor
159 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Golf Courses

We are wanting to play golf at Royal Westmoreland, Sandy Lane Green Monkey, Sandy Lane Country Club and the original back 9. Can anybody suggest which is the best course with any other advice or comments?

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf Courses

I didn't think the Royal Westmoreland accepted walk in "green fee's". I was told you either have to be staying in or own a property, or be signed in by a member?? Don't know if this still stand's though. I've only played at Barbados GC and the 9 hole course at Rockley....Sandy was out of my budget:)Try to get an early tee off time like 6.30 or 7ish in the morning before it gets too hot and have soft spikes in your shoes.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,164 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf Courses

Sandy Lane is out of most people's budgets. If you want to play golf, try the Barbados Golf & Country Club, it's a lot cheaper.

World
Level Contributor
974 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf Courses

While it is my view that the Green Monkey is the best course in Barbados and one of the best in the Caribbean, it was my understanding that it was reserved for people staying at Sandy Lane only.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,164 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf Courses

Once you have the $$$$$ you can play golf there.

Vancover
Level Contributor
700 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf Courses

sandy lane now has 36 holes. club house up the hill not on coast road like befor. Must have a caddy is the SL rule as at re open a few players golf lost hurt etc. it is vast. the select 9-is usually for booked guest only rest of course open to all.

Yet some golf mad friends at a private villa- Land Mark in Sandy Lane in early Dec. ( so i suppose hotel and island not packed as yet with visitors ) -went to culb each day to play and had a fab time and on day 3 requested special 9 and paid and played.

enjoy suntrav PGA World Cup at SANDY lANE COURSE Dec. 2006 . first week i think.