We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurants in St James area

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
305 reviews
Save Topic
Best Restaurants in St James area

We are staying in Barbados soon at the Coral Reef Club and want to know what are the best restaurants in the area - we know the Cliff, which is fab, but as we haven't been to Barbados for 3 years we wonder if there is anywhere else just as good!

Thanks you!!

Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Best Restaurants in St James area

We are just back from the Coral Reef Club and the food is amazing. In the mornings we had our breakfast served to us on our patio. The staff not only deliver but set up your patio table with full tableware - fantastic service at no extra charge. You have a fridge located in a buffet on your patio and also a toaster, so that you can toast the bread yourself and it is lovely and fresh. WE usually kept the fruit platters we ordered to have at lunch.

In the evening it was lovely sitting listening to wonderful entertainment and looking out at the ocean splashing up behing the bandstand.

For the first few days we were on a room only basis so we ate at both Olives and also the Mews which were fantastic. We changed onto the Meal Plan for the last week of our stay and found out that Coral Reef have exchange dining with both these restaurants. The helpful reception staff at Coral Reef give you a card to present on arrival at the restaurant and everything is taken care off.

All this for only US$75 ppn considering that the full breakfast alone is approx US$25 ppn alone it is terrific value for money.

We also had a lovely meal at Calablaza with a table overlooking the waters edge.

Barbados
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Best Restaurants in St James area

There is a restaurnat rating page on :

http://www.vipbarbados.com

Gives the ratings on some visitors services and attractions , including restaurants

Elizabeth, NJ
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Best Restaurants in St James area

Calabaza is a very nice one, we were there on Monday night. The food service and seaside location makes it a one of the best we've visited. We plan to go again.

Sammy

Elizabeth, NJ
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Best Restaurants in St James area

Calabaza in St.James is a great reataurant. The food the view and the service were all great. We were there on Monday night and had a wonderful time. Looking forward to going back.

World
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best Restaurants in St James area

The best reviews I've read is for the Restaurant at South Seas - any opinions ??? as I have some friends I would like to take there on my next run through Bim. cheers.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,211 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Best Restaurants in St James area

We've been to the Cliff, Calabaza and the Restaurant at Southsea. I still think the Cliff is the best, but it is also the most expensive. The restaurant at Southsea comes in close second, only because I don't think the setting is quite as good as the Cliff. The food and service at Southsea are fantastic. Also if you're staying on the south coast it is a lot more accessible than trawling over to the West Coast!

UK
4 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Best Restaurants in St James area

Hi there my partner and I have just returned from our 12th visit, so yes we love Barbados we have always in the pasted stayed around the Holetown area but find the night life very quiet so this time we headed for Maxwell staying in a self catering accommodation. We found it great but basic where we stayed but the night life in neihbouring St Lawrence Gap was excellent this is full of resturants and bars all ranging in diffrent prices not to expensive, although there is Pieces Resturant on the edge of the water absolutly excellent.

Also Mullins in the evening is lovely right on the beach you can spend a lovely romantic evening there great setting, excellent food and nice people.

I really dont think you can go for wrong eating out in Barbados give St Lawrence a try you will not be disappointed try Pieces it is really nice ....

Angry Annies is excellent in Holetown very diffrent syurroundings but the ribs are excellent looks like a little chattle house dont be alarmed give it a go