We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

barbados hotel suggestion

florida
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Topic
barbados hotel suggestion

my husband and I are going to Barbados in November and would appreciate a wonderful hotel suggestion. We are looking for a very nice/clean hotel/resort on a fabulous beach.

We were thinking of the Crane but the beach is too rough and too much construction going on - The House is nice but very expensive as is Sandy Lane. We dont mind renting a car to get around and not looking for all inclusive. Appreciate info.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
The Crane Resort
The Crane Resort
2,773 Reviews
Barbados
The House by Elegant Hotels
The House by Elegant...
663 Reviews
Barbados
Sandy Lane Hotel
Sandy Lane Hotel
913 Reviews
Barbados
Beach View
Beach View
#1 of 25 hotels in Saint James Parish
#2 of 25 hotels in Saint James Parish
Waves Hotel & Spa by Elegant Hotels
Waves Hotel & Spa by Elegant Hotels
#3 of 25 hotels in Saint James Parish
Barbados
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: barbados hotel suggestion

Try Almond Beach Club or Almond Beach village

VIP Barbados

Mentioned in this post
Almond Beach Resort
Almond Beach Resort
1,668 Reviews
Barbados
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
los angeles
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: barbados hotel suggestion

We stayed at Coral Reef on our Honeymoon and it was spectacular, but pricey. At a minimum get away from Bridgetown especially if you have a car. Sandpiper is aslo really nice and not as expensive as Coral Reef.

Mentioned in this post
Bridgetown
Bridgetown
Barbados
The Sandpiper
The Sandpiper
318 Reviews
Barbados
Monterey
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: barbados hotel suggestion

We are going there in November as well but have already found a place to stay, at the Bougainvillea Resort. I hear since Barbados is very expensive for a family to go out and eat will drain one's resources very easily. Would it be feasible to take your own food? I read a couple of posts that a box of cereal is almost US$12.00 and that person suggested to take your own food.

I wonder if I do not take fresh foods, vegetables, meats etcs if they would allow canned food to be taken in? Does anyone know what we can or can't take into Barbados.

Thank you for your reply!!

Mentioned in this post
Bougainvillea Barbados
Bougainvillea Barbados
2,088 Reviews
Barbados
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Barbados
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: barbados hotel suggestion

I have lived here for 52 years and have never seen a box of cereal costing $12 U.S.

Average price is $4 U.S.

You can bring canned foods but frozed foods must have a health import license. Eating on the South Coast where you are staying is affordable. Enjoy.

VIPbarbados

Monterey
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: barbados hotel suggestion

Thank you VIP Barbados! I was quoting from another traveler's post . Thank you for responding so quickly. I have been in anxiety with regard to taking food. EXAMPLE: I take something I shouldn't take into that country then I would be so embarassing for customs to open my luggage and start laughing at the food I've taken on my trip. But then I have a crew to feed too. I promise just to take canned and boxed foods and no fresh or frozen food items!!

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Get answers to your questions about Saint James Parish