We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I actually enjoyed watching the Mangrove over flow !

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
331 posts
12 reviews
I actually enjoyed watching the Mangrove over flow !

I stayed at Discovery bay,one particular day was a complete washout,so the highlight of my day was to watch the Mangrove over flow and take out a section of the beach! Ok it didn't smell great but it was stagment water and not sewage water,and the beach was fine the next day! Don't know why People complain,chill out its Barbados!

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
15,303 posts
74 reviews
1. Re: I actually enjoyed watching the Mangrove over flow !

Oh dear, !! Who told you it was only stagnent water ??? They sort of missed out a few things, like fertilizer washed down from the hills amongst other things you wouldn't want to know !! Believe me you would NOT want to go in the sea until you were absolutely SURE it had cleared, and that usually takes at least 2 days, that is unless you wish to become yet another patient for Dr Purseaux (sp) or the Sandy Crest clinic.

I live on that beach and you wouldn't catch me putting my foot in that water after an overflow It's not called Sh!t Creek for nothing you know !

n-e england
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: I actually enjoyed watching the Mangrove over flow !

hi

ive also seen the mangrove overflow it stank, the smell was overpowering, i never swam in the water for days and it was still a bit murky.

i was talking to a house owner (local fisherman) on the beach he told me once he had large blisters on his feet after he launched his boat after the mangrove overflowed nuff said regards

3. Re: I actually enjoyed watching the Mangrove over flow !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 05, 2010