We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress Code at ALmond Beach Club

Montreal
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Dress Code at ALmond Beach Club

We'll be going to ABC, arriving Nov.11th. We are not acustomed to a Dress Code. Just so we don't stand out like a sore thumb, how dressed up do the ladies get? Long dresses or just casual dresses and pant suits? Will the husband have to wear a tie? Are shorts okay in the restuarent at lunch time?

Thanks for your advice

Barbados
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress Code at ALmond Beach Club

At the A.B.C casual dresses and pants suits are allowed,and yes shorts are allowed for lunch,but no sleeveless shirts for men.See you soon

London UK
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress Code at ALmond Beach Club

I bought lots of outfits for my holiday at Almond but felt distinctly overdressed in the evenings and after a few nights 'dressed down'. Women wore vest tops, flip flops - anything really. Only saw a couple of women who had really dressed up. Men have to wear long trousers and tops with sleeves (lots were wearing just t-shirts) and also sleeves for breakfast and lunch which isn't very fair when ladies can practically wear anything! ie. sarong wrapped around their bikinis!

London
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress Code at ALmond Beach Club

We will be returning to the ABC this year. Its a really nice place.

We think the dress code is pretty relaxed, during the day there is a beach barbeque for lunch so shorts or bikinis are allowed, or you can use the main restaurant for a more formal lunch but shorts and t shirt is ok. In the evening guys need to wear long trousers but smart casual shirts are fine, for ladies you can be as casual or smart as you wish, most people opt for casual dresses or trousers, skirts and vest tops, really as long as you look nice, whatever takes your fancy that day! There are also less formal barbeque nights where the guys can wear shorts.

Overall we really enjoyed ABC, the staff are helpful and friendly, so pleasant and nothing is too much trouble. If you have kids, the kids club is cool too, they even had a little birthday party for our 6 year old.

Hope you enjoy yourselves.

London
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress Code at ALmond Beach Club

oops sorry i am talking about Almond Beach Village - thats great but apologies cannot comment on the Club!

Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress Code at ALmond Beach Club

Dress code is pretty conservative. No topless bathing.

Evening: summer dresses and smart/casual wear. However, other than evening is it casual.

I would recommend taking sandles which don't have open toes for the evening purely because there tend to be some areas where the crabs around occasionally although it is only the odd one (unless you are on the beach after dinner when it's fairly dark and low tide).

Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress Code at ALmond Beach Club

PS. Just to clarify: My comments do refer to the Almond Beach Club (the adults only hotel) NOT the Village.

Barbados
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress Code at ALmond Beach Club

Casual dresses & pants suits are accepted,and no the husband wouldn't need a tie.Shorts are ok at any time, for the exception of dinner.

Get answers to your questions about Saint James Parish