We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon from Hell Review - 16 Aug 05

Which Saint James Parish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London UK
6 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon from Hell Review - 16 Aug 05

Sorry to hear you had such a horrible time at the ABC. I'm going in October with my husband and would be interested to hear about the renovations that are taking place. Just had a letter from travel agent to say that spa is shut due to essential maintenance. Can you tell me what they're actually doing between 7.30-4.30 everyday and were you disturbed by noise? Would appreciate your reply. Thanks very much.

London
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon from Hell Review - 16 Aug 05

Hi, we have just returned from the ABC. Having visited other caribbean destinations we were not suprised by or put off by the birds! I would agree that the standard of the rooms was more like 3* but ours had not been renovated. The rest of the hotel was deffinately 4*. Enids resturant was air conditioned but the main resturant, bar and entertainment area is not. However being on the beachfront and open to the air we never really found this to be too much of a problem. We found the staff to be friendly and accomodating and we were not aware of many guests complaining. I too am sorry to hear that the honeymooners had such a bad experience!

Whilst we were there renovation work was going on in the block of beach front rooms next to ours. There was a dull drilling sound but not enough to be problematic. Once in the resturants and around the pool you would not have been aware of the works at all and on the beach the sound of the sea and the breeze swallowed any of the noise.

The gym was closed and there were no gym facilities available. The Spa was relocated into guest type rooms and as far as i was aware all treatments were available here.

Hope that you have a good holiday in October!

London UK
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon from Hell Review - 16 Aug 05

Thanks for your reply Kassie. Trying to get information from the travel agent or hotel about the renovations had been like trying to get blood out of a stone! Not happy to hear about the drilling but reassured that it is not too intrusive - bit worried as we've booked an ocean view room and it sounds as if that's what they are 'renovating' at the moment! 6 weeks today I'll find out for myself! Thanks again