We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf, snorkeling, cell phones and money

Which Saint James Parish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hartford
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Golf, snorkeling, cell phones and money

I guess that just about sums it up.

1. Are all the golf courses in and near ST James exclusive ? Are there any courses that aren't exclusive and are relatively reasonable? ( The post about the $1000 dollar Green Monkey was alarming.)

2. Is there a good contact for snorkeling? Are there private boats for hire or are there areas near the shore?

3. Will a Verizon (US) cell phone work in the area?

4. Do you suggest bring ing US dollars or just use the plastic and the ATM?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, also any "must do" suggestions?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf, snorkeling, cell phones and money

My first suggestion is that you have a look through the insider pages and check to see if any of your questions can be answered there. They are most helpful.

1. Green Monkey is for Sandy Lane hotel Guests Only and those paying big bucks.. You can play the regular course, but also very expensive.. Royal Westmoreland is also exclusive, but you might can try it, not sure these days.. and both depend on when you are actually going to be in Barbados..

2. if you have your own gear, you can snorkel from just about anywhere.

3. Not sure.. if so, it would be roaming.. Verizon should be able to tell you if there is an agreement with either Digicell or Cable and Wireless.

4. US Dollars are find as is plastic..

On the must do's have a look at the insider pages..

Hartford
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf, snorkeling, cell phones and money

Thanks Sunniebgi,

I've taken your advise and looked through the insider pages and have found some great stuff. Maybe you could help me with some questions. There are a couple of places of interest in Christ Church, how far away is this from St James? And what are the alternative ways to get there? Any idea of the cost of a taxi in US dollars? I've never driven on that side of the road and I'm a little concerned about renting a car.

thanks

3. Re: Golf, snorkeling, cell phones and money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 10, 2009