We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

almond bay beach village,barbados

Which Saint James Parish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Meath
2 posts
Save Topic
almond bay beach village,barbados

Hi,i am getting married in 3wks and we are going to almond beach village,barbados for 7nights then onto st.lucia for 7nights. I am a little worried about hotel in barbados after reading some of the posts.Is it all bad or are there any good reviews.I can cope with it being nice and ok but not awful.Help

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: almond bay beach village,barbados

Have you really read all of the reviews??? - there are good and bad if you read them all so don't really understand what you are asking...

Sarah

Guildford
Level Contributor
434 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: almond bay beach village,barbados

Don't worry - It will be absolutely fine. Enjoy what it is which is a large resort with lots of facilities.

There are a lot families as opposed to couples. However there are Child free areas and you can always get the courtesy bus down to the Almond Beach Club.

All the best for the wedding

E

PS You always need to read between the lines in the reviews. Some people just have the wrong expectations.

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: almond bay beach village,barbados

I would echo what Erronay has said : ABV is fine, we visited it there every day from ABC while on holiday there in June and found it to be a lovely resort in lovely grounds with lots of faciltities. We loved the Italian restaurant and the watersports guys were great.

enjoy !

Litchfield...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: almond bay beach village,barbados

I stayed at ABV last october and was considering staying there for my honeymoon THIS October. Make sure you make it known that you are honeymooners (try and get upgraded to the OCF deluxes in Block 7-that's where I stayed and the rooms/views were gorgeous) Make reservations for the Italian, adults-only restaurant early and maybe even a few times) the service and atmosphere are great there. Stay on property for the local night where they have a buffet and dancers, but don't be afraid to venture out and experience some of the other great restaurants on the island. Zen at The Crane (which is where I'm staying) is awesome, as is the 'Fish Pot' and the Lone Star restaurant as well. I really enjoyed the Tiami catamaran Lunch cruise and turtle snorkel. The food was wonderful, there was an open bar and I got to see some really beautiful sea turtles up close. Where are you staying in St.Lucia?

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: almond bay beach village,barbados

So three weeks to go - what will you do if you change your mind due to the adverse reviews, I think it's a bit late. It'll be fine, like anywhere don't go with too high an expectation then you will stand less chance of being disappointed! ABV is a 4*Ai resort - OK not everyone likes it but lots do,as Scary says read ALL the reviews but between the lines, sometimes you get people with some sort of grudge.

winchester
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: almond bay beach village,barbados

First of all I wouid lke to say I have stayed there 7 times and have enjoyed every single time.dependly what you are looking for, it is a family resort and there will be kids running around,I went without my kids and it didnt bother me,BBQ night is a good night(wednesdays) and in the court yard on a saturday night.I find most of the staff polite and willing to help.Their band is good and have some real good singers.I hope you find this useful and good luck on your up coming wedding.

chessington
Level Contributor
4 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: almond bay beach village,barbados

please dont worry,ive stayed here and its really nice,we were in another hotel and this seemed like paradise compared with the one we were at!! relax look forward to it paulax

UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: almond bay beach village,barbados

Hi I am not being funny and I have no grudge against Almond- after all this is a forum for peoples honest reviews- I went very excited looking forward to a great holiday and in my "opinion" this is not a 4* hotel and I was very very disappointed with it- as were the 8 other couples all trying to move out last week. I do not have high expectations, I am a camper at heart!! I have also stayed all over the caribbean and USA and love my basic apartments in Greece -I have never ever been disappointed before, a holiday is after all what you make it. I have stayed in 2, 3 4 and 5 * accomodation and my expectations are set by the brochure outline and cost (you get what you pay for)this hotel for £4K is way off the mark. Food quality and hygiene, a nice bar to sit in and a clean room are the 3 most important things to "me" on a holiday, This hotel failed on all 3 counts. I felt this sort of all inclusive gives others a bad name. That said there are indeed many people who loved this hotel and you can see this from their reviews. It all depends what is important to you from a holiday. This hotel is definitely a love it or hate it type depending on what you are looking for. I would look past peoples general moaning-"didnt like this bar man" didnt like flies (they are in every hotel!! -which if you have had a bad experience we all have a rant) and try and take from each review the constructive points, food, beach, bars whatever is important to you and make a call. I hope you have a fab time wherever you go- like I say its the company and the weather...but a nice place helps when you are spending lots of money!!!

9. Re: almond bay beach village,barbados

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, September 08, 2009