We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach on Tamarind Cove(Paynes) and Dover Beach

Which Saint James Parish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
361 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Beach on Tamarind Cove(Paynes) and Dover Beach

After reading reviews and such, it seems West coast has limited of hotels/resorts with an expansive beach, but nevertheless i enjoy the calm waters on the Carribean side and not worry about hit by waves. What is the real deal with these beaches?

Tamarind Cove seems to fit needs, were looking for a 4star property, but concerned about the beach. How small is Paynes Bay compared to say Dover. Dover sounds very nice but it seems to rough, with waves and such... so confused. I booked the flights but no hotel and i'm leaving next week!... YIKES!!!

Millions thanks for your UNBIASED answers.

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach on Tamarind Cove(Paynes) and Dover Beach

Hi

Paynes Bay is stunning and just as good as Dover but with calmer seas.

You wont be dissapointed with Paynes Bay!

I am also staying at Tamarind Cove from the 16th May.

Lesley

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach on Tamarind Cove(Paynes) and Dover Beach

well occassionally Dover is rough and occassionally so is Paynes Bay (but probably less often) Dover Beach is huge - I'd say larger than Paynes Bay generally but both are nice I'm sure you'll have great time whichever one you end up on!

Sarah

Cheshire
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach on Tamarind Cove(Paynes) and Dover Beach

hi,

have stayed at tamarind cove last year, lovely beach and my oppinion its nice than dover. But ive just been this year and stayed at a house/ condo called Amore at Schooner Bay Speightstown, a bit further up the west from Tamarind. Even nicer. Quiet peaceful and luxurious, the comforts of your own home but set in fantastic grounds with a great pool and yet only a few mins walk to resteraunts, bar, cafes& shops etc.

new york
Level Contributor
361 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach on Tamarind Cove(Paynes) and Dover Beach

Thanks a million for your suggestions, since I do not fancy pools at all, It looks like I'll be staying at Tamarind Cove... yeah... its been so stressful trying to figure it all out in my head

5. Re: Beach on Tamarind Cove(Paynes) and Dover Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 31, 2009