We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Escape at Prospect Bay

Bristol UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Escape at Prospect Bay

My husband and I have booked into the Escape at Prospect Bay for his 50th birthday in May 2007. I have recently read quite a few negative reports about the hotel. We are very worried so could any body advise us if they have been to the hotel during the last couple of months. We are wondering whether to change our hotel.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Escape at Prospect Bay

We enjoyed a wonderful week at the Escape last November and I can appreciate why they receive so many repeat guests, all we ever heard was the sound of the ocean waves, the whistling frogs in the evening, the birds in the morning and some road noise. Obviously any nearby construction work is a concern but if the latest reviews are to be fully appreciated, why have they not added some photographs depicting their horrible experience, I know if I had major grievances with my room I would take some photos as evidence and to show fellow trip advisors. Take a look at my pictures alongside my review, this place is certainly no 2* dump, we found the food excellent (loved the curried goat) and we took advantage of the complimentary room service which you receive whilst staying in a Deluxe room, every morning the food was delivered piping hot with a full english breakfast, cakes & muffins, we couldn't fault it.

As for the criticisms made regarding the evening entertainment, I'm sure people are well aware that if they want a lively nightlife they would choose to stay at St Lawrence Gap, when we wanted nightlife we went on the Virgin bar crawl to Oistens & St Lawrence Gap which was great and to Bajan Roots & Rhythms which was another good night, we found the Escape just that a tranquil relaxing break. I remember we were concerned following some poor reviews last year but I'm glad we didn't change hotels as we had a wonderful first holiday to Barbados and we would like to return in the future.

12. Re: Escape at Prospect Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, August 30, 2009