We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbados

Which Bridgetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Barbados

My family is going to Barbados in late July of 07' and thinking of staying at the Hilton I have a 9 yr old and a 4 yr old. Is this a nice place? I heard the beach is rough and rocky and the hotel is in the city... is that true? Help any ideas are welcomed!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,540 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbados

The hotel is fabulous. It's on the outskirts of the city and very good for kids. July is a good time but you will have to book early as Crop Over Festival will be ongoing.

The beach is excellent. There are no rocks and it isn't rough.

Read through all the reviews on here and you'll see what I mean. all 80+ are positive.

Once again, Hilton is fabulous.

www.hiltoncaribbean.com/barbados

Javon

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,619 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbados

As Javon has said, don't believe ever thing you read.. The hilton is very nice.. and is on a nice beach.. and while it does sit between to point and can sometimes be a bit rough.. there are some great beaches for kids with in 5 min walking distance.. not a problem.

and since there really isn't a city like you might find in NJ.. you really shouldn't worry about the location.. (nothing like Atlantic or Sea Isle so no worries)

Enjoy..

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
834 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barbados

You'd have a GREAT time at the Hilton - the hotel isn't in the city, it's on the beach! The beach is stunning and very large and the hotel would be great for kids. Check out my review of the hotel dated August 5th for pics.

4. Re: Barbados

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, August 19, 2009