We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timeshare fraud at the Fisherman Resort

Chattanooga, tn
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Timeshare fraud at the Fisherman Resort

If you stay at this resort, be careful NOT to attend their timeshare presentation. There are many many complaints against The Sunset Group which includes, The Royal Sunset, The Royal Fisherman, and The Sunset Lagoon. We were unfortunate and unwise when we signed a contact at the Royal Fisherman Resort in March '06. They claim that you can resell your timeshare, NOT true, and they have you sign a waiver rescinding your right to cancel. This is against Mexican law according to Profeco (their consumer protection agency in Mexico). I am sure that your stay at any of these resorts will be nice. Just do not attend their 90 minute presentation that will actually last more than 3 hours for a free tour. They will wear you down. You have 5 business days to cancel your contract by certified letter. They will say that they never received that letter. Make sure you have proof! They are very difficult to deal with. Beware of Mr. Hector Tornell of their legal department (office at this resort). We cancelled within the 5 business days of the contract via fedex and he still refuses to cancel. He even threaten me that I could either take a lesser offer on another contract or he would sue us, send us to collections, then keep appealling his case over and over. He did not say they would win. He said they would appeal!! Be smart. Stay away.

Blue Skies Cruises Barbados
Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
RCR Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Timeshare fraud at the Fisherman Resort

I appreciate your frustration, but what does this post have to do with Barbados?????????

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timeshare fraud at the Fisherman Resort

These resorts are not in Barbados.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Timeshare fraud at the Fisherman Resort

gayleyb, this forum is mainly to do with BARBADOS!!!, where we would like to believe that this sort of thing DOES NOT occur!! well we hope not anyway. Please ask the moderator to remove this from here, and put on the Mexico Forum.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Chattanooga, tn
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Timeshare fraud at the Fisherman Resort

I have no idea how this got under this forum. I apologize. Will try to get this put in the correct forum.

5. Re: Timeshare fraud at the Fisherman Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, August 12, 2009