We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking a tour in Bridgetown

bedford
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Booking a tour in Bridgetown

Hello,

We are a group of 11 people stopping in Bridgetown on a cruise. We usually find a driver around the pier who can take us around for a reasonable price. Are there many vans around that would hold 11 people or should be take 2 or 3 taxis? What could we expect to pay for a tour lasting around 5 hours? We're planning on seeing Hunte's Gardens, Harrison's Cave and Cherry Tree Hill. Also, we read conflicting comments about the Agapey Chocolate tours. Some people say you can walk it from the pier and others said it is on the other side of the island.

I'd appreciate any help you can give. Thank you.

Emmanuel Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours
Coconut Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
RCR Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking a tour in Bridgetown

mar35ge

Yes, there are always several vans outside the Bridgetown Port which can accommodate 11 persons. Therefore, one taxi would be fine.

There are driver of cars who charge in the region of $120 USD for such a tour but that is with just 4 persons normally. You'd be looking at a figure closer to $200 USD for a 5 hour tour. What I'd recommend doing is contacting some of the drivers on this list and making your query and get a quotation.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147262-s304/Barbados…

The Agapey Chocolate Factory is in the Harbour Industrial Park which is INDEED walkjng distance from the Bridgetown Port. Definitely not the other side of the island.

Hope this helps

Regards

Edited: 8:27 am, September 30, 2012
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
846 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking a tour in Bridgetown

Mar35ge, when I posted my taxi question, somebody sent me a private message through my Trip Advisor account offering his tour services. If you want I can copy his message to you if he hasn't contacted you yet.

3. Re: Booking a tour in Bridgetown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bridgetown