We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to meet?

Which Bridgetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Where to meet?

My boyfriend and i will be stopping in Barbados for one day during a 7 day Southern Caribbean cruise next week. At the same time a co-worker w/another company whom I haven't met yet, will be there staying for a week at an All Inclusive resort. We would like to meet each other for a drink or lunch but don't know of a good restaurant, pub, bar etc to meet at. Does anyone have a suggestion on where a good meeting place close to the cruise pier would be? TIA! Karen

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,775 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to meet?

Karenscruises

I would recommend you meet for lunch/drinks at the Waterfront Cafe, right in the heart of Bridgetown, 12 minutes walk from the Bridgetown Port. It's an excellent location and open 10am to 5pm Monday-Saturday.

www.waterfrontcafe.com.bb

Hope this helps

Regards

Edited: 8:52 pm, April 19, 2012
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to meet?

I agree with this suggestion. I've received very good and consistent drinks and meals from waterfront over the years. It's also an easy-to-identify place so i often meet folks at this location.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to meet?

No where is that far and I think I would prefer to be at a beach bar/restaurant. Is your friend on the west or south coast?

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to meet?

Karenscruises,

Why not grab a taxi and meet at Sideshore Beach Bar on Accra/Rockley beach.

It wouldn't take more than 15 minutes to get there.

It is at the end of a gorgeous beach, and you could use the money you spend on food and drinks towards a couple of lounges and umbrellas on the beach.

I think it would be a great place to meet and hang out for a couple of hours.

Good luck, and enjoy your visit to Barbados.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to meet?

I was going to say the same place if the friends were in the south!!

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to meet?

Champers (almost next door to Sideshore as mentioned above) by Acrra beach overlooking the ocean is lovely for a more upscale meal if that's what you're looking for. It's about a 10 minute drive from the cruise terminal and well worth the visit if budget permits.

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to meet?

They are staying at the Almond Casserina. Not sure we want an upscale meal since we'll have plenty of good food on the cruise but a place close to shopping, the pier, and easy to navigate.

Thanks again

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,775 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to meet?

Karenscruises

You're welcome.

I think the Waterfront Cafe would be perfect for you. Right in the heart of Bridgetown, within 5 minutes walk to duty free shopping on Broad Street, the Careenage is right there where several vessels berth and it's also easy to navigate.

Regards

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,711 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to meet?

I would say the Waterfront Cafe' is without doubt the place for a meet up. Decent food, good drinks and THE place for people watching, while enjoying a table beside the water and being able to look at the lovely D S Fishing boats coming in and out with their catch.

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to meet?

Sounds like Waterfront Cafe is THE place to go! Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions and replies.

Warmest Regards,

Karen